|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caden describe his picture that he draws in group therapy in the beginning of Chapter 112?
(a) "Waves and flowing circles."
(b) "Abstract angular angst."
(c) "A ship on a horizon."
(d) "Cubism at its finest."
2. How does the narrator describe Hal's mother's appearance in Chapter 102?
3. Where does the narrator describe a socialite drowning in Chapter 108?
(a) A jacuzzi.
(b) A lake.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) An elevator.
4. What is the title of Chapter 67?
(a) "Your Terrifying Awesomeness."
(b) "Behind Her Back."
(c) "Hindsight at My Feet."
(d) "The Flesh Between."
5. What is the name of the hospital that Caden is taken to in Chapter 75?
(a) Bellevue Hospital.
(b) Seaview Memorial Hospital.
(c) Ravencrest Hospital.
(d) Crestview Memorial Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hal say his mother is moving in Chapter 120?
2. What is the name of the cult that the narrator alludes to having worn Nikes when committing mass suicide in Chapter 103?
3. What color hair does the girl with the puzzle have at the hospital?
4. What is the setting of Caden's dream in Chapter 78?
5. What is Caden ordered to clean on the pirate ship in Chapter 67?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caden describe his inner conflicts regarding the parrot and the Captain in Chapter 76?
2. How does Caden describe the manufacturing of medication in Chapter 115?
3. What does the fish tank at the hospital make Caden question in Chapter 75?
4. What does Caden remark about the faces on dollar bills in Chapter 74?
5. How does Caden describe his state of mind as his parents drive him to the hospital in Chapter 75?
6. How does Caden describe the setting of his dream after he's been left in the hospital in Chapter 78?
7. What happens when Caden's diving bell is tested in Chapter 69?
8. What information does Skye relate about Callie in Chapter 101?
9. How have Caden's perceptions of his parents changed in Chapter 72?
10. What does the Parrot solicit Caden to do in Chapter 71?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)