|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "MRI" stand for?
(a) Murderous relative intent.
(b) Mutinous resistance impulse.
(c) Magnetic resonance imaging.
(d) Multiple resonance imaging.
2. What does Hal say his mother's profession is in Chapter 102?
(a) "She's a dentist."
(b) "She's a collector."
(c) "She's a banker."
(d) "She's a teacher."
3. Who is the creator of the show The Twilight Zone that is alluded to in Chapter 79?
(a) James Wilson.
(b) Peter Jackson.
(c) Andrew Willeth.
(d) Rod Serling.
4. What sea creature does the Captain describe the mysterious submarine fleeing from in his story in Chapter 81?
(a) A killer whale.
(b) A sea snake.
(c) A giant squid.
(d) A great white shark.
5. What does Caden describe his doctor as always wearing in Chapter 84?
(a) Hawaiian shirts.
(b) White lab coats.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) Black ties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hal say his mother is moving in Chapter 120?
2. What is being "put to the test" in Chapter 69?
3. What does the Captain describe as the huge, scaled creature and "a very formidable adversary" in Chapter 118?
4. The narrator says in Chapter 122, "If you think about it, the public perception of funky brain chemistry has been as varied and weird as the symptoms, historically speaking. If I had been born a Native American in another time, I might have been lauded as" what?
5. What drug does Dr. Poirot prescribe for Caden in Chapter 114?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caden remark about the faces on dollar bills in Chapter 74?
2. What foes are described by the Captain in Chapter 81: "War of the Nemesi"?
3. What is the metaphor that is illustrated through Caden's cleaning the cannon?
4. What artists does Caden describe along with their madness in Chapter 113?
5. What does Hal say about symbols in Chapter 110?
6. How does Callie describe her history in the hospital in Chapter 106?
7. How does Caden describe the setting of his dream after he's been left in the hospital in Chapter 78?
8. What happens when Caden's diving bell is tested in Chapter 69?
9. Where is the worm described by Caden in Chapter 68: "Worm Inside"?
10. What does the fish tank at the hospital make Caden question in Chapter 75?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)