|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the Captain describe Captain Ahab battling in Chapter 81?
(a) Captain Donnelly.
(b) Captain Nemo.
(c) Captain Crunch.
(d) Captain Nero.
2. What does "Fo'c'sle" refer to in Chapter 107?
(a) A forward roll.
(b) A snake.
(d) A poodle.
3. How does Caden describe his picture that he draws in group therapy in the beginning of Chapter 112?
(a) "Abstract angular angst."
(b) "A ship on a horizon."
(c) "Cubism at its finest."
(d) "Waves and flowing circles."
4. What Founding Father does Caden describe as "totally judgmental with that perpetual smirk" in Chapter 74?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
5. What does the narrator describe saying to a woman carrying a bag out of the supermarket in Chapter 68?
(a) "Can I help you carry your groceries, ma'am?"
(b) "Look at the pirate ship on the distant horizon!"
(c) "I am looking for a phone to call my mother."
(d) "There's a worm in your heart, but you can cast it out."
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 82 is titled "Deep in the Throat of" what?
2. Hal claims in Chapter 110 that swastikas are symbols to the Indians that mean what?
3. What is the setting of Caden's dream in Chapter 78?
4. Chapter 85 is titled "All Meat Must Be" what?
5. What is the name of the cult that the narrator alludes to having worn Nikes when committing mass suicide in Chapter 103?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Skye relate about Callie in Chapter 101?
2. How does Callie describe her history in the hospital in Chapter 106?
3. What artists does Caden describe along with their madness in Chapter 113?
4. What happens when Caden's diving bell is tested in Chapter 69?
5. Why does Callie come to Caden's room at night in Chapter 111?
6. Where is the worm described by Caden in Chapter 68: "Worm Inside"?
7. What new medication does Dr. Poirot prescribe for Caden in Chapter 114? Why?
8. How is Hal's mother described in Chapter 102?
9. How does Caden describe the setting of his dream after he's been left in the hospital in Chapter 78?
10. How does Caden describe his state of mind as his parents drive him to the hospital in Chapter 75?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)