|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "MRI" stand for?
(a) Multiple resonance imaging.
(b) Murderous relative intent.
(c) Mutinous resistance impulse.
(d) Magnetic resonance imaging.
2. What is the title of Chapter 78, where the narrator describes his dream in the hospital?
(a) "Your Terrifying Awesomeness."
(b) "Hindsight at My Feet."
(c) "Behind Her Back."
(d) "Realm of the Forgiving Sun."
3. Dr. Poirot tells Caden in Chapter 105 that his construct of the world can be very seductive, but he says the price of it is what?
4. The narrator says in Chapter 111, "It occurs to me that the most meaningful symbols of all must be based on" what?
(a) "All love and reason."
(b) "All anarchy and confusion."
(c) "The different ways two people can embrace."
(d) "The things that we dream when we are happy."
5. What does Caden describe carrying in his pocket in Chapter 106?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A puzzle piece.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) A chocolate doubloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caden describe his picture that he draws in group therapy in the beginning of Chapter 112?
2. Where is the narrator in his dream in Chapter 85?
3. What has Callie left in Caden's room in the morning in Chapter 111?
4. What images are on Callie's pajamas in Chapter 111?
5. Where does the narrator describe a socialite drowning in Chapter 108?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hal say about symbols in Chapter 110?
2. How have Caden's perceptions of his parents changed in Chapter 72?
3. Why does Callie come to Caden's room at night in Chapter 111?
4. Where does Carlyle tell Caden he can find the key to free Calliope's legs in Chapter 107?
5. What conspiracy does the Captain pull Caden into in Chapter 73?
6. What does the fish tank at the hospital make Caden question in Chapter 75?
7. Where is the worm described by Caden in Chapter 68: "Worm Inside"?
8. How is Hal's mother described in Chapter 102?
9. What is the metaphor that is illustrated through Caden's cleaning the cannon?
10. What does the Parrot solicit Caden to do in Chapter 71?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)