|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what class is Caden taking a test in Chapter 39?
2. What has replaced "I" for the narrator in Chapter 66?
3. What does Caden say the name of the wooden maiden on the bowsprit means in Chapter 42?
(a) "Valliant Warrior."
(b) "Demon of the Deep."
(d) "Spirit of Battle."
4. What position is the girl with blue hair given on the ship in Chapter 40?
(c) "Mistress of the Treasury."
5. What color hair is Carlyle described as having in Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. The captain says in Chapter 35, "All treasures lost at sea seek" what?
2. How does the narrator describe his spinning emotions in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Caden's family go to Las Vegas in Chapter 22?
4. From what narrative point of view is Chapter 1 related?
5. What is the name of the wooden maiden on the bowsprit of the pirate ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Calliope respond when Caden compares her to the Statue of Liberty in Chapter 48?
2. What observations does Max make regarding Caden's behavior in Chapter 51?
3. How does Caden perform on his science exam in Chapter 30? Why?
4. What metaphor does the narrator make in describing the donation bucket at the mall in Chapter 7?
5. What experience does Caden describe when his dad was driving the car on the way to school a few years ago in Chapter 53: "Hindsight at my Feet"?
6. Who are the crew members that have been called for the mission in Chapter 35? How are they described?
7. What is Carlyle's position on the ship? What is his relationship to Caden?
8. How does Caden describe his past on the pirate ship in Chapter 4?
9. What advice does Caden's father give him regarding the kid at school whom Caden thinks wants to kill him in Chapter 8?
10. How is the narrative in Chapter 2 related? From what perspective is the majority of the story told? Why?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)