|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Shakespearean play is alluded to in the title of Chapter Chapter 115, "Double, double, Toil and Trouble, Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble"?
(a) Henry V.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
2. What is Caden ordered to clean in Chapter 82?
(a) The deck.
(b) The rudder.
(c) The captain's quarters.
(d) The cannon.
3. The narrator says in Chapter 83, "Your parents come once a day during visiting hour, like a pair of" what?
(b) "Ghost that see through you."
(c) "Clockwork robots."
4. How does the Captain describe the white whale in his story in Chapter 81?
(a) "All anarchy and confusion."
(b) "All love and reason."
(c) "All sense and seemliness."
(d) "All chaos and disorder."
5. Who is the nurse that calls the "orderly with the scary tattoos" to escort Caden away in Chapter 119?
6. What is the navigator's name?
7. The parrot tells Caden in Chapter 116 that he can give him "a gift of unlimited" what?
8. How many times does Callie say she's had "episodes" in Chapter 106?
9. Why does the girl with the blue hair say that Callie looks out the window in Chapter 101?
(a) "She thinks that the world is melting and she is stopping it with her mind."
(b) "She thinks that she is willing the sun to rise."
(c) "She thinks that if she leaves the window her parents will leave her here."
(d) "She thinks the outside world goes away when she's not looking."
10. Chapter 85 is titled "All Meat Must Be" what?
11. What color hair does the girl with the puzzle have at the hospital?
12. The Captain tells Caden in Chapter 73, "The trials I put you through are to" do what?
(a) "Test your will."
(b) "Prepare you for greatness."
(c) "Burn away the chaff."
(d) "Prepare you for victory."
13. Who is the artist of David that the narrator alludes to in Chapter 113?
(a) Vincent van Gogh.
(b) Hieronymous Bosch.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
14. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 70 related?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Fourth person.
15. To whom does the narrator compare the Captain in Chapter 118?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the "mysterious submarine" that the Captain describes in his story in Chapter 81?
2. Who is the new therapy group leader that leads Caden's group in Chapter 86?
3. The narrator says in Chapter 111, "It occurs to me that the most meaningful symbols of all must be based on" what?
4. Hal claims in Chapter 110 that swastikas are symbols to the Indians that mean what?
5. What does the Captain call his parrot in Chapter 73?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)