|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the navigator's name?
2. How does the Captain describe the white whale in his story in Chapter 81?
(a) "All love and reason."
(b) "All anarchy and confusion."
(c) "All chaos and disorder."
(d) "All sense and seemliness."
3. What does Hal say his mother's profession is in Chapter 102?
(a) "She's a banker."
(b) "She's a dentist."
(c) "She's a teacher."
(d) "She's a collector."
4. Chapter 103 is titled "Magic Mantras and Latex" what?
(b) "Golden Ships."
(d) "Black Holes."
5. Where is the narrator in his dream in Chapter 85?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A beach.
(c) The White Plastic Kitchen.
(d) Times Square in New York.
6. From where does the narrator describe his brain escaping in Chapter 116?
(a) His right ear.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His left ear.
(d) His left nostril.
7. What does Caden describe carrying in his pocket in Chapter 106?
(a) A puzzle piece.
(b) A chocolate doubloon.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) A pocket watch.
8. What game does the narrator describe Hal's mother playing with him in Chapter 120?
(a) Shoots and Ladders.
9. What does Caden describe seeing "in the eyes of the world"?
10. What images are on Callie's pajamas in Chapter 111?
(c) Sea horses.
11. What artist does the narrator describe having cut off his ear in Chapter 113?
(a) Vincent van Gogh.
(c) Hieronymous Bosch.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
12. What does "Fo'c'sle" refer to in Chapter 107?
(b) A forward roll.
(c) A poodle.
(d) A snake.
13. What Shakespearean play is alluded to in the title of Chapter Chapter 115, "Double, double, Toil and Trouble, Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble"?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Henry V.
14. What is the name of the girl with the blue hair at the hospital?
15. What is the name of the doctor that Caden sees at the hospital?
(a) Dr. Anderson.
(b) Dr. Poirot.
(c) Dr. Carlyle.
(d) Dr. Cullen.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the narrator compare the Captain in Chapter 118?
2. With whom does the Captain describe Captain Ahab battling in Chapter 81?
3. What Founding Father does Caden describe as "totally judgmental with that perpetual smirk" in Chapter 74?
4. What has Callie left in Caden's room in the morning in Chapter 111?
5. What word used by the Captain in Chapter 81 means to explain?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)