|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The parrot tells Caden in Chapter 116 that he can give him "a gift of unlimited" what?
2. What is the name of the girl with the blue hair at the hospital?
3. The Captain tells Caden in Chapter 73, "The trials I put you through are to" do what?
(a) "Prepare you for victory."
(b) "Prepare you for greatness."
(c) "Burn away the chaff."
(d) "Test your will."
4. To whom does the narrator compare the Captain in Chapter 118?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
5. Chapter 85 is titled "All Meat Must Be" what?
6. How many times does Callie say she's had "episodes" in Chapter 106?
7. Into what business does the narrator storm, saying, "The worm. The worm. It knows what I know, and it wants to kill me," in Chapter 68?
(a) A bank.
(b) A shoe store.
(c) A travel agency.
(d) A candy store.
8. What does "Fo'c'sle" refer to in Chapter 107?
(a) A poodle.
(b) A forward roll.
(d) A snake.
9. What color hair does the girl with the puzzle have at the hospital?
10. What is the navigator's name?
11. What does Caden describe his doctor as always wearing in Chapter 84?
(a) Black ties.
(b) Hawaiian shirts.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) White lab coats.
12. Chapter 82 is titled "Deep in the Throat of" what?
(a) "The Earth."
(b) "The Sun."
(d) "The Captain."
13. The narrator says in Chapter 83, "Your parents come once a day during visiting hour, like a pair of" what?
(b) "Ghost that see through you."
(c) "Clockwork robots."
14. What does Caden describe carrying in his pocket in Chapter 106?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A chocolate doubloon.
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) A puzzle piece.
15. What Founding Father does Caden describe as "totally judgmental with that perpetual smirk" in Chapter 74?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the parrot tell Caden he needs to depend on him for in Chapter 71?
2. What does the Captain describe as the huge, scaled creature and "a very formidable adversary" in Chapter 118?
3. What is the setting of Caden's dream in Chapter 78?
4. What "honors" does the Captain say he will let Caden have in Chapter 73?
5. Where does Hal say his mother is moving in Chapter 120?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)