|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabel do after everyone in the household is asleep?
(a) Goes to find Curzon.
(b) Steals some food to hide away for an escape.
(c) Steals the list of accomplices.
(d) Steals one of Madam Lockton's scarves to keep for the future.
2. How old is Isabel?
3. Who comes knocking on the Lockton's door the next morning?
(a) One of the Loyalist conspirators.
(b) Six soldiers.
(c) The ranking British general in America.
(d) No one.
4. What does Isabel vow when she sees Ruth crying?
(a) To try to sneak in at night and be with Ruth.
(b) To find a way to get Ruth medicine.
(c) To give Ruth half of her food.
(d) To get her away from the Locktons.
5. Who does Becky say nearly died?
(a) The Lockton's oldest son.
(b) A female slave that Mrs. Lockton beat.
(d) The Lockton's youngest daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What help does Isabel ask of the pastor?
2. What happens immediately after the meeting of the Loyalists conspirators?
3. What does Isabel do as Ruth is falling asleep?
4. Who does Isabel ask for guidance?
5. What does Mr. Lockton do when Madam Lockton protests his decision about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Finch's nephew do with Isabel and Ruth and who tries to intervene?
2. What does Madam Lockton convince the soldiers to do and how does she seems about everything else being searched?
3. What is Isabel's assigned role in the Lockton household?
4. About what does Becky warn Isabel?
5. What are Isabel and Ruth doing in the funeral procession, and what is important about the day for them?
6. Who does Isabel take the list she stole to and why does she choose that person?
7. What does Curzon tell Isabel about the Locktons, and what promise does he make?
8. Why is Isabel terrified when Lockton is released from jail, and why did she need not worry?
9. What happens when the boat carrying Isabel and Ruth and their new owners lands in New York?
10. What happens when Isabel goes and talks to Colonel Regen?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)