|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters XL - XLV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the opening of the novel set?
(a) Rhode Island.
2. What is significant about this day for Isabel and Ruth?
(a) They are to be set free.
(b) They are going to live with their mother in Canada.
(c) They are to be adopted by a Quaker couple in Pennsylvania.
(d) They are going to be adopted by Mary Finch.
3. What does Madam Lockton do when Isabel returns to the Lockton home?
(a) Has her thrown in prison again.
(b) Ties her up and puts her in the cellar.
(c) Hits her in the face with a riding crop.
(d) Tells her to prepare for a large number of guests.
4. What does Madam Lockton blame when Mr. Lockton fights with her for packing her bags?
(a) Mr. Lockton.
(b) Their aunt.
(d) Isabel's laziness.
5. What is Lady Seymour trying to do when Isabel finds her?
(a) Find her cat.
(b) She is unconscious on the floor.
(c) Pack her valuables.
(d) Find her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabel do with a bucket of food scraps?
2. What does Ruth seem to not understand?
3. What does Isabel have to decide after talking to Curzon?
4. Who pleads for the girls' welfare?
5. What is the next thing Isabel remembers after leaving Colonel Regen's presence?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)