|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters XXXVI - XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war seems to be brewing?
(a) Between the North and South.
(b) Between the settlers of North American and the Native Americans.
(c) Between the Loyalists and Patriots.
(d) Between slaves and their masters.
2. What does Curzon explain about Master Lockton?
(a) He is suspected of supplying weapons to Indians.
(b) He is suspected of harboring fugitive slaves.
(c) He is suspected of supporting loyalists.
(d) He is suspected of smuggling slaves into New York.
3. What does Mr. Lockton tell Isabel to do when he is entertaining some friends?
(a) Clean all the cloaks of the guests.
(b) Entertain the children of his guests.
(c) Serve them food and drink.
(d) Keep Ruth out of the way.
4. Why is Isabel devastated during the search of the Lockton's home?
(a) The Locktons seem completely unconcerned.
(b) The money is no longer in the linen chest.
(c) The soldiers are not being very thorough.
(d) Isabel is treated roughly by Bellingham.
5. Where does Madam Lockton send Isabel?
(a) To fetch her father.
(b) To the bakery.
(c) To the water hole.
(d) To a solicitor's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that causes the Patriots to leave New York City?
2. How does Becky say is the best way to stay safe?
3. What do soldiers ask to search?
4. Who has already been bribed to turn a blind eye to an assassin?
5. What is to be branded on Isabel?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)