|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters XVI - XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Lockton insist Madam Lockton stay behind?
(a) To gather word of where the Patriots are looking.
(b) Mr. Lockton wants her to go with him but she is not home when he escapes.
(c) To keep the house and contents safe.
(d) To pack their valuables and ready for a move to England.
2. What does Miss Finch's nephew say about Miss Finch's will?
(a) It cannot be found.
(b) It is being contested.
(c) Miss Finch changed her will leaving Ruth and Isabel to her nephew.
(d) It says nothing about setting Isabel and Ruth free.
3. Who are the Life Guards?
(a) Washington's body guards.
(b) Men who roam the streets as a vigilante group.
(c) Jefferson's body guards.
(d) Men who infiltrate Loyalist organizations.
4. What is Mrs. Lockton's tendency towards her slaves?
(a) To be very fair.
(b) To try to win their loyalty with kindness.
(c) To beat them.
(d) To pay them for their work.
5. Why does Madam Lockton send Isabel into a secretive meeting Mr. Lockton is conducting?
(a) To remind Mr. Lockton about his being under suspicion already.
(b) To ask Mr. Lockton to come out of the meeting for a moment.
(c) To learn what is going on in the meeting.
(d) To serve refreshments.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Lockton's guests speak openly?
2. Who pleads for the girls' welfare?
3. What does Curzon promise Isabel?
4. What does Madam Lockton blame when Mr. Lockton fights with her for packing her bags?
5. How does Mrs. Lockton amuse her friends?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)