|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters XI - XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does one member of the conspiracy at Lockton's request Lockton's money?
(a) To create some phamplets to disseminate Loyalist ideas.
(b) To hire an assassin.
(c) To hire mercenaries.
(d) To train some spies.
2. What do soldiers ask to search?
(a) The valise which hold the bill of sale for the girls.
(b) The Lockton's belongings.
(c) The ship's hold.
(d) The Captain's quarters on the ship.
3. Who is a new addition to the Loyalist's meeting at the Lockton?
(a) General Tarkington.
(b) The chief constable of New York.
(c) The Mayor of New York.
(d) Aaron Burr.
4. What do the Loyalists think would be a consequence of the assassination?
(a) The rebellion would collapse.
(b) It would send a message to the rebels that their actions are not tolerated.
(c) It would cause the other leaders of the rebellion to live in fear.
(d) It would weaken the training of the rebel army.
5. Who is Curzon?
(a) A slave boy who offers to show Isabel the way to the bakery.
(b) A young man who is enamored of Madam Lockton's daughter.
(c) A slave boy who offers to show Isabel the way to the water hole.
(d) One of the soldiers who is searching the ship's hold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Isabel ask for guidance?
2. Who has already been bribed to turn a blind eye to an assassin?
3. What does Becky tell Isabel?
4. Who does Lockton put the blame upon for the search of his home?
5. About what do Lockton's guests speak openly?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)