|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters XXI - XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lockton believe of Ruth?
(a) Ruth should be sent back to Africa.
(b) Ruth needs medical care.
(c) Ruth is having the seizures intentionally.
(d) Ruth is possessed by a devil.
2. What does Madam Lockton blame when Mr. Lockton fights with her for packing her bags?
(b) Isabel's laziness.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Mr. Lockton.
3. What do the Loyalists think would be a consequence of the assassination?
(a) It would weaken the training of the rebel army.
(b) The rebellion would collapse.
(c) It would send a message to the rebels that their actions are not tolerated.
(d) It would cause the other leaders of the rebellion to live in fear.
4. Who are the Locktons?
(a) The owners of the tavern who protest the sale of the girls.
(b) The couple who pay for Miss Finch's funeral.
(c) The mayor and his wife who want to buy Isabel and Ruth.
(d) The couple who buy Isabel and Ruth.
5. Who are the Life Guards?
(a) Men who roam the streets as a vigilante group.
(b) Jefferson's body guards.
(c) Men who infiltrate Loyalist organizations.
(d) Washington's body guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ill effect does Ruth suffer from falling in the kitchen?
2. Why does Isabel think Bellingham is not the person to go to with information?
3. Whose name is brought up as a potential assassination target?
4. What does Colonel Regen avoid doing as he hands over Isabel to Madam Lockton?
5. What does Isabel whisper outside the window at Bellingham's home?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)