|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sanctions raised against Pakistan for developing nuclear weapons were dropped two weeks after 9/11 because Pakistan promised to what?
2. How long is the border between Iraq and Iran?
3. Who had, in the first weeks of the war, supposedly taken over the day-to-day running of the war?
4. When did the C.I.A. present President Bush with information that Pakistan was sharing nuclear information with North Korea?
5. Which government does not want a Kurdish state?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The ex-Israeli prime minister said that the U.S. could not win in Iraq, and that the U.S. must choose the extent of its humiliation. What information, provided in the book, provides support for this statement? What information, provided in the book, does not support this statement? Which side is the stronger argument and why?
Essay Topic 2
How did Perle have a personal stake in making sure the Iraqi war happened? What does this personal stake mean for the bias in his advice to the President? While the Pentagon found that he did not violate ethical standards, is there a higher ethical standard he should have upheld? What is it? Why is it important? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
According to the author and the information he presents, do the ends justify the means detailed in this book? What are the ends and the means used in the book?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)