|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the chain of command like in the Iraqi prisons?
2. What type of rank did the civilians hold who were giving orders to M.P.s in Iraqi prison?
3. What was Moussaoui officially charged with?
4. Perle had worked closely with Douglas Frith since when?
5. When did Iyad Allawi move to London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Office of Special Plans?
2. What were some other topics Hersh wrote about as an investigative reporter?
3. What had the Syrians been doing with the CIA for which they wanted to be rewarded?
4. What happened to resources at the CIA, starting in the late eighties?
5. Who is Musharraf?
6. What happened when the Special Forces were put down in the attack zone of Operation Anaconda?
7. What were some of the issues the CIA faced, starting with the collapse of the Soviet Union in the late eighties?
8. When Libya exposed the Pakistanis intentionally to curry favor with the U.S., what was Musharraf's response?
9. Who made public comments saying that Iraq was pursuing nuclear weapons?
10. How had several key Taliban members escaped the original Afghanistan situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The ex-Israeli prime minister said that the U.S. could not win in Iraq, and that the U.S. must choose the extent of its humiliation. What information, provided in the book, provides support for this statement? What information, provided in the book, does not support this statement? Which side is the stronger argument and why?
Essay Topic 2
What was Rumsfeld's role in the Iraq War? How was his role made harder, or easier, by the various attitudes within the Bush Administration? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Citing specific examples from the book, explain why Afghanistan is not considered a success story in this book?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)