|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the President's Special Access Program used in Iraq against?
2. What was the chain of command like in the Iraqi prisons?
3. What did the Iraqi National Congress's plan to overthrow the government in Iraq depend on?
4. What happened to all possibly "dirty" agents in the C.I.A.?
5. The war on ________ happened after 9/11.
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence contradicted the Administration claims that the terrorist cells operated independently?
2. When Libya exposed the Pakistanis intentionally to curry favor with the U.S., what was Musharraf's response?
3. Why did Rumsfeld think that using Special Forces was an advantage in the war?
4. Regardless of how much they were paid, what did some warlords refuse to do?
5. In the spring of 2002, what did the Bush Administration agree, and disagree, on?
6. What bad intelligence was given to President Bush and used in his State of the Union Address?
7. Why was it unclear that was in charge at the Iraqi prisons?
8. What had the Syrians been doing with the CIA for which they wanted to be rewarded?
9. What were some of the issues the CIA faced, starting with the collapse of the Soviet Union in the late eighties?
10. What describes the country the Saudi royal family presides over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain how intelligence gathering and processing affected the decisions of the Bush Administration.
Essay Topic 2
What was the role of the CIA in the Iraq war and the events leading up to it? What does this role mean about the power of the CIA? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
According to the author and the information he presents, do the ends justify the means detailed in this book? What are the ends and the means used in the book?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)