|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does C.I.A. stand for?
(a) Central Instability Agency.
(b) Central Insider Agency.
(c) Central Intelligence Agency.
(d) Central Insurgency Agency.
2. U.S. Special Forces were pulled out of Afghanistan and sent where?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
3. Whom did the Iraqi National Congress oppose?
(a) The mullahs.
(c) Al Qaeda.
4. What position did Nizar Khazraji hold?
(a) Iraqi Army Defense Minister.
(b) Iraqi Army Intelligence Minister.
(c) Iraqi Army Commanding Officer.
(d) Iraqi Army Chief of Staff.
5. In late 2001, who opposed any surrender negotiations with the Taliban?
(a) The Clinton Administration.
(b) The Rice Administration.
(c) The Obama Administration.
(d) The Bush Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suspects were originally implicated in the abuses at Abu Ghraib?
2. What term did the Pentagon use to describe the abuses in Iraq and Afghanistan?
3. Where were the Egyptians taken when seized from Sweden?
4. What was Moussaoui arrested near?
5. What did members of the mission to get Taliban leader Mullah Omar complain of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the U.S. forces go into battle unprepared?
2. What were some of the early problems facing the U.S. forces in the Iraq war?
3. What did the I.A.E.A. conclude about the documents linking Iraq and Niger?
4. What were some other topics Hersh wrote about as an investigative reporter?
5. What did inspectors find in Libyan nuclear inspections?
6. What had the Syrians been doing with the CIA for which they wanted to be rewarded?
7. When Libya exposed the Pakistanis intentionally to curry favor with the U.S., what was Musharraf's response?
8. What was the positive spin the media put on the first day of operations in Operation Anaconda?
9. Who made public comments saying that Iraq was pursuing nuclear weapons?
10. What describes the country the Saudi royal family presides over?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)