|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late 2001 the Northern Alliance forced a major Taliban retreat to where?
(a) The mountains.
2. When did Ahmad present the Clinton Administration with an overthrow plan?
(a) December 1993.
(b) September 1993.
(c) November 1993.
(d) October 1993.
3. After the U.S. Army operation in western Afghanistan, how many Al Qaeda members were supposedly killed?
4. Why did lawyers have very little access to Moussaoui?
(a) He didn't speak English.
(b) He was held in a remote location.
(c) He represented himself.
(d) The F.B.I. didn't let lawyers near him.
5. What does C.I.A. stand for?
(a) Central Intelligence Agency.
(b) Central Insider Agency.
(c) Central Insurgency Agency.
(d) Central Instability Agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What government was Perle highly critical of, claiming it was a major element of the terrorism problem?
2. The White House and where wanted the investigations into Abu Ghraib to stop?
3. When was the Presidential Daily Brief titled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S." given?
4. What happened to all possibly "dirty" agents in the C.I.A.?
5. President Bush was documented as stating that he has the authority to suspend the Geneva Convention if what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the unknowns the planners were dealing with in making a plan to overthrow Saddam in spring 2002?
2. What evidence contradicted the Administration claims that the terrorist cells operated independently?
3. Why was it unclear that was in charge at the Iraqi prisons?
4. Why did Rumsfeld say that he needed more "fighting generals?"
5. What was the Office of Special Plans?
6. What happened to cause elation in the military, during the first weeks of the Iraq war?
7. Why did Rumsfeld think that using Special Forces was an advantage in the war?
8. What happened when the U.S. challenged North Korea, diplomatically, about stopping nuclear operations in October 2002?
9. What did Hersh write about for his first major story?
10. After 9/11, what was considered critical to winning the war on terror?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)