|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the chain of command like in the Iraqi prisons?
2. What was Moussaoui arrested near?
(a) His school.
(b) His home.
(c) His work.
(d) His flight school.
3. What was the deadline President Bush set for everyone to come up with a compromise plan about Iraq?
(a) April 2002.
(b) September 2002.
(c) July 2002.
(d) December 2002.
4. The war on ________ happened after 9/11.
5. A Clinton Administration Director of Persian Gulf Affairs estimated that it would take how long for all the troops to be readied for an Iraqi invasion?
(a) 4-6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3-5 months.
(d) 9-11 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. More than a year after Rumsfeld's announcement of Afghanistan's success, who controlled the provinces?
2. At what time did Moussaoui develop strange conspiracy theories?
3. How many stations did the "south group" have in central Asia?
4. What is the C.I.A. famous for doing?
5. What military organization was involved in Hersh's 1969 story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assumptions did the I.N.C. plan, given to Wolfowitz, rely on?
2. Who made up the group of Special Forces that escalated the covert war in Iraq during 2003?
3. What did General Janis Karpinski's background consist of?
4. As of 2004, what does the news not report about the Afghanistan situation?
5. Why did Pakistan supposedly share nuclear information with North Korea?
6. What had the U.S. succeeded in stabilizing more than a year after Rumsfeld's pronouncement of Afghanistan's successes?
7. What happened in Congress regarding the Abu Ghraib scandal?
8. What happened to cause elation in the military, during the first weeks of the Iraq war?
9. What evidence contradicted the Administration claims that the terrorist cells operated independently?
10. What had the Syrians been doing with the CIA for which they wanted to be rewarded?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)