|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did Mr. Hersh have his first big story?
2. Who replaced Generals Dunlavey and Baccus?
(a) Major George Miller.
(b) Major Garreth Miller.
(c) Major Geoffrey Miller.
(d) Major Gregory Miller.
3. What is Mr. Kissinger's first name?
4. Who was the leader of the Iraqi National Congress?
(a) Ahmad Currin.
(b) Ahmad Jablai.
(c) Ahmad Chalabi.
(d) Ahmad Kalan.
5. Where did Perle meet with Khashoggi and Harb Zuhair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did CENTCOM think it would be unrealistic to invade Iraq without?
2. More than a year after Rumsfeld's announcement of Afghanistan's success, production of what resumed?
3. In late 2001, who opposed any surrender negotiations with the Taliban?
4. What is the C.I.A. famous for doing?
5. How many American soldiers were put into the field with the first Gulf War?
Short Essay Questions
1. Regardless of how much they were paid, what did some warlords refuse to do?
2. What was occurring when the information linking Iraq and Niger came out?
3. What were some of the early problems facing the U.S. forces in the Iraq war?
4. What did Hersh write about for his first major story?
5. Why did Rumsfeld say that he needed more "fighting generals?"
6. What describes the country the Saudi royal family presides over?
7. Why was it unclear that was in charge at the Iraqi prisons?
8. What were some of the issues the CIA faced, starting with the collapse of the Soviet Union in the late eighties?
9. What happened when the Special Forces were put down in the attack zone of Operation Anaconda?
10. What is one piece of intelligence presented in the book that contradicts Administration claims that 9/11 could not have been predicted?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)