|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what program did the story break about abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghraib?
(a) 60 Minutes II.
(b) The Larry King Show.
(c) Good Morning America.
(d) The Today Show.
2. What was the code name for the U.S. Army offensive in western Afghanistan?
(a) Operation Sky-drop.
(b) Operation Mule.
(c) Operation Anaconda.
(d) Operation Gorilla.
3. What position did Nizar Khazraji hold?
(a) Iraqi Army Chief of Staff.
(b) Iraqi Army Defense Minister.
(c) Iraqi Army Intelligence Minister.
(d) Iraqi Army Commanding Officer.
4. When did the story break about abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghraib?
(a) July 2004.
(b) May 2004.
(c) April 2004.
(d) June 2004.
5. Which General was originally in charge of Abu Ghraib?
(a) Gen. Jennifer Karpinski.
(b) Gen. Julius Karpinski.
(c) Gen. Janis Karpinski.
(d) Gen. Joseph Karpinski.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who began advocating a pre-emptive military action against Iraq in the Bush Administration?
2. How many stations did the "south group" have in central Asia?
3. When did F.B.I. agents begin to complain of more wrongdoings?
4. Where did Perle meet with Khashoggi and Harb Zuhair?
5. More than a year after Rumsfeld's announcement of Afghanistan's success, production of what resumed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Perle seen as having the ability to do?
2. What were some of the early problems facing the U.S. forces in the Iraq war?
3. In the spring of 2002, what did the Bush Administration agree, and disagree, on?
4. What describes Hersh's attitude towards the U.S. government after 9/11?
5. Why was it unclear that was in charge at the Iraqi prisons?
6. What evidence contradicted the Administration claims that the terrorist cells operated independently?
7. What was the experience of the military with previous assassination programs during the Vietnam War?
8. What did the Israelis do from their base in Iraqi Kurdistan?
9. Why did the U.S. forces go into battle unprepared?
10. What did General Janis Karpinski's background consist of?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)