|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event did a majority of Americans believe Hussein was linked to, even though there was no real evidence about it?
(a) Bombing of the embassy.
(b) September 11.
(c) Chemical attacks on the subway.
(d) Invasion of Kuwait.
2. How many of the men who were involved in the 9/11 attacks are believed to have been Saudis?
3. Foreign-agent reports and electronic intercepts are what type of intelligence?
(a) Raw intelligence.
(b) Electronic intelligence.
(c) Gathered data.
(d) Verified intelligence.
4. Who headed the Office of Special Plans?
(a) Luti and Shulsky.
(b) Luti and Shansky.
(c) Luti and Sharkanly.
(d) Luti and Smith.
5. President Bush mentioned the uranium deal with Niger in what speech?
(a) Weekly radio address.
(b) State of the Union.
(c) State of the Nation to Congress.
(d) Weekly Congressional address.
6. When did the Iranians admit they had produced small quantities of plutonium and uranium?
(a) June 2003.
(b) October 2003.
(c) February 2003.
(d) December 2003.
7. What percentage increase did the Special Forces budget receive in 2004 over the 2003 levels?
8. When did information arrive saying that Niger was providing uranium to Iraq?
(a) Fall 2003.
(b) Fall 2002.
(c) Fall 2004.
(d) Fall 2005.
9. A sensitive document summarizing important events for the President, which is released daily, is called what?
(a) The President's Security Brief.
(b) The Early Bird.
(c) The President's Daily Brief.
(d) The President's NSC Brief.
10. Who is the ex-Israeli prime minister that told Dick Cheney that the U.S. could not win the occupation in Iraq?
(a) Ehud Barak.
(b) Ehud Jacobson.
(c) Ehud Imali.
(d) Ehud Davies.
11. The insurgents rejected cell phones because they could be what?
(b) Re-used by others.
(d) Listened in on.
12. Who did not make much of a challenge when Congress signed the Intelligence Committee Report?
(c) Defense Department.
(d) Intelligence agencies.
13. Rumsfeld said that four army divisions would be what?
(a) Too small.
(d) Too big.
14. By late 2003, there was an escalation of the covert war in Iraq using who?
(a) Marine Recon.
(b) Navy Seals.
(c) U.S. Army Rangers.
(d) Special Forces.
15. Which Secretary of State was presented with a review in December 2001 that said Iraq was not reconstituting their nuclear program?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pakistan also shared information with North Korea on how to hide nuclear research from what?
2. Legal experts were not questioning the legal aspects of assassination, but the ______ of such a policy.
3. Diplomats dismissed Dr. Khan's televised confession as a what?
4. Killing the leaders of the insurgency would not work because why?
5. When did a State Department paper mention the Niger story?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)