|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Pakistani intelligence agency is called what?
2. When the Taliban seized power, they assassinated approximately how many Iranian diplomats?
(c) A dozen.
3. As of 2004, the news was not reporting stories of what occurring in Afghanistan?
(a) Taliban resurgence.
(b) Taliban assassinations.
(c) Taliban terror attacks.
(d) Taliban deaths.
4. What is the name of the unmanned aircraft that fired a missile that destroyed an automobile in Yemen?
5. In December 2003, President Bush and who announced that Libya would allow nuclear inspections?
(a) Jack Soussone.
(b) Tony Soussone.
(c) Tony Blair.
(d) Jack Blair.
6. By late 2003, there was an escalation of the covert war in Iraq using who?
(a) Special Forces.
(b) Marine Recon.
(c) U.S. Army Rangers.
(d) Navy Seals.
7. Hussein had used what type of banned weapons in the past?
(d) Land mines.
8. When did a State Department paper mention the Niger story?
(a) December 2002.
(b) September 2002.
(c) March 2002.
(d) July 2002.
9. Musharraf seized control over Pakistan from whom?
(a) The prior military dictator.
(b) The elected government.
(c) The religious leaders.
(d) The Taliban.
10. The Saudi royal family has been linked to money supporting what?
(a) Pakistani rebels.
(b) Islamic schools.
(c) Terror groups.
(d) Fundamentalist groups.
11. When did the Iranians admit they had produced small quantities of plutonium and uranium?
(a) February 2003.
(b) June 2003.
(c) October 2003.
(d) December 2003.
12. Who did not make much of a challenge when Congress signed the Intelligence Committee Report?
(b) Defense Department.
(d) Intelligence agencies.
13. What was the pentagon's first reaction when there were supply-line and reinforcement issues during the first week of the Iraq war?
14. Diplomats dismissed Dr. Khan's televised confession as a what?
(b) Ploy by Musharraf.
15. One of the documents used to support the Iraq-Niger connection was dated October 10, 2000 and signed by a person that had been out of office since when?
Short Answer Questions
1. Killing the leaders of the insurgency would not work because why?
2. How many of the men who were involved in the 9/11 attacks are believed to have been Saudis?
3. Which government does not want a Kurdish state?
4. How did members of the C.I.A. describe their assassination programs in Vietnam during the war?
5. When was the Shah of Iran overthrown?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)