|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did CENTCOM think it would be unrealistic to invade Iraq without?
(a) Lots of naval support.
(b) Really good maps.
(c) Lots of air support.
(d) A large ground force.
2. When were the court martial proceedings supposed to occur in the Abu Ghraib investigations?
(a) Early 2003.
(b) Late 2004.
(c) Late 2003.
(d) Early 2004.
3. What work describes Hersh's views about U.S. foriegn policy after 9/11?
4. Who were warlords paid to recognize?
(a) President Hamid Karzari.
(b) Town leaders.
(c) Regionally elected leaders.
(d) U.S. Army forces.
5. When did F.B.I. agents begin to complain of more wrongdoings?
(a) Early 2002.
(b) Late 2003.
(c) Early 2003.
(d) Late 2002.
6. How long before 9/11 was Moussaoui arrested?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
7. What is Mr. Hersh's first name?
8. After 9/11, prisoners captured in Afghanistan were declared to be what?
(b) Enemy combatants.
9. How many Egyptians were seized and spirited out of Sweden while seeking asylum?
10. In what month did Mr. Hersh have his first big story?
11. At what time did Moussaoui develop strange conspiracy theories?
(a) Fall 2002.
(b) Summer 2002.
(c) Spring 2002.
(d) Winter 2002.
12. More than a year after Rumsfeld's announcement of Afghanistan's success, who controlled the provinces?
(b) Military police.
(c) Elected representatives.
13. What type of rank did the civilians hold who were giving orders to M.P.s in Iraqi prison?
(b) Low rank.
(c) High rank.
(d) Unknown rank.
14. What did members of the mission to get Taliban leader Mullah Omar complain of?
(a) Lack of maps.
(b) Lack of planning.
(c) Lack of men.
(d) Lack of resources.
15. There was evidence that many of the terrorists had tested airline security by doing what?
(a) Becoming airport security agents.
(b) Taking numerous flights around the country.
(c) Taking numerous international flights.
(d) Attempting to take weapons past airport security.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did lawyers have very little access to Moussaoui?
2. What did the Iraqi National Congress's plan to overthrow the government in Iraq depend on?
3. How many suspects were originally implicated in the abuses at Abu Ghraib?
4. At the same time Saudi-backed Islamic fundamentalists were beginning to train in the former fringe Soviet republics, how many overseas field agents did the C.I.A. have?
5. When did the CIA see many key personnel resign or retire?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)