|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is playing on the juke box at the Y bar when Tayo and the others enter the bar?
(a) A World War II military song
(b) A cowboy country western
(c) A Mexican polka
(d) A love ballad
2. What does Tayo do with the heart and liver of the deer?
(a) He wraps them in cheesecloth
(b) He leaves them for the wolves
(c) He puts them into a cooler
(d) They eat it raw right out of the body
3. Where does Old Grandma sit during the day most of the time?
(a) Under the Elm tree
(b) In her bedroom
(c) By the stove
(d) At the river
4. Where did the medicine man see Geronimo on display?
(b) St. Louis
(d) Santa Fe
5. What is the medicine man’s residence called?
(a) A hogan
(b) He lives in a cave
(c) A larga
(d) A teepee
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Josiah have the cattle unloaded?
2. What animal does Tayo see as he is laying in the pine needles where he fell while looking for the cattle inside the fence?
3. In what three colors does the medicine man paint paw prints next to bear footprints?
4. How does Harley get to a bar once when he had been sent to the far reaches of the reservation?
5. What does Robert tell Tayo the elders have said when Tayo tells Robert he is ready to help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ku'oosh talk to Tayo about?
2. What does Betonie say when Tayo says he wants to find Josiah’s cattle?
3. How does Tayo and Rocky end up in the military and how do they end up stationed together?
4. What does Josiah tell Tayo about the spring and how does Tayo feel about the story?
5. Why does Tayo attack Emo?
6. How are the cattle branded and what does Josiah do about that?
7. Why does Tayo’s aunt dislike Tayo and Tayo’s mother?
8. Why does Tayo feel guilty about Josiah?
9. Why do the two ranch hands leave Tayo alone?
10. What does the herd of cattle do as soon as they are unloaded and what does Josiah tell Tayo about their behavior?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)