|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shush, the name of the medicine man’s helper mean in English?
2. What does Emo say about the white people as he plays with the Japanese teeth?
(a) It would take five white soldiers to equal one Indian soldier
(b) They should have been able to beat the Japanese in one year
(c) They have too much and the Indians should go and take it from them
(d) They are not as fierce as the Japanese
3. What does Emo suggests the men do since they fought a white man’s war and still are stuck on a dried up reservation?
(a) Rejoin the army
(b) Get their hands on some white women
(c) Kill the white president
(d) Go to law school and fight the laws
4. What fell out of the tree when the Indians were on a raid that told them someone was in the tree?
(a) A blue shawl
(b) Some apples
(c) A pair of boots
(d) A sombrero
5. Why does Helen Jean go to the bars and hang out with the Indian men?
(a) She is an alcoholic
(b) She steals from them
(c) She gets them to give her money
(d) She likes hearing war stories
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Helen Jean get in Gallup?
2. Where does Old Grandma sit during the day most of the time?
3. What does Tayo do right before Rocky begins to dress a deer they killed in a hunt?
4. What is the name of the fort that the medicine man’s grandfather did not want to have trouble with?
5. What was the woman Josiah visits called when she was a dancer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Tayo end up finding the cattle again with the man’s help?
2. How does Rocky and Auntie feel about Josiah’s decision on how to take care of the cattle?
3. What does Betonie tell Tayo about change and trust?
4. Where are Tayo and Rocky sent, what kind of problem does Tayo have there and what does Rocky do to try and help Tayo?
5. What does Betonie say when Tayo says he wants to find Josiah’s cattle?
6. How is Rocky different from Tayo and what does Rocky want to do when he is an adult?
7. What does Betonie do when he takes Tayo up into the foothills? How does Tayo respond?
8. How does a woman help Tayo find the cattle?
9. How do Josiah and the boys learn about cattle care?
10. How does Josiah’s sister feel about Night Swan?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)