|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Tayo talk almost incessantly?
(a) The cook
(b) The corporal
(c) The sergeant
(d) His brother
2. What is the tribe of the woman who is in the truck with Harley and Leroy when they stop and pick up Tayo?
(a) Pawnee or Prince Nez
(b) Navajo or Seminole
(c) Apache or Ute
(d) Mohawk or Cherokee
3. In which direction do the cows always run?
4. What does the medicine man tell Tayo to do after they walk Tayo through the Ceremony?
(a) Go to sleep
(c) Go home
(d) Walk it once on his own
5. What does the medicine man say is the reason new ceremonies need to be created?
(a) He does not think the ceremonies need to be changed
(b) They cannot find all the elements necessary for the old ceremonies
(c) Things shift and change around them
(d) White people have ruined the old ceremonies
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen Jean go to the bars and hang out with the Indian men?
2. How does Ts’eh match up plants and stones when she is sorting them on her table?
3. What does Harley have in his hand when the friends stop to pick up Tayo who is walking on the side of the road?
4. Why does Josiah send Tayo with a note to Josiah’s mistress?
5. What is the name of Auntie’s old dog who always ran after female dogs in heat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Tayo when his friends find him and what does Tayo tell himself about them?
2. What does Tayo think about the cattle in the book compared to his uncle’s cattle?
3. How does Tayo start herding the cattle?
4. How do Josiah and the boys learn about cattle care?
5. How does Tayo prefer to sleep and how does Old Grandma and Robert feel around Tayo?
6. What does Betonie tell Tayo about change and trust?
7. Why does Tayo’s aunt dislike Tayo and Tayo’s mother?
8. How is Tayo when the war is over?
9. What does Tayo first do when he goes to hunt for the cattle?
10. What does Tayo tell Ku'oosh about the war and about the drought?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)