|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ceremony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the army recruiter tell Tayo and Rocky about joining the military?
(a) He tells them it will bring money to the reservation
(b) He does not mention anything about them being Indians
(c) He tells them anyone can fight for America when there is a war
(d) He says there is a special Indian unit
2. Who can help the man who believes he is a coyote, according to Indian legend?
(a) Any medicine man
(b) Ingesting peyote with a priest
(c) Witchery from a chief’s daughter
(d) The four old bear people
3. What does Betonie draw in the sand that he tells Tayo to remember?
(a) A map
(b) How to twine vines for the next Ceremony
(c) The pattern of some stars
(d) A type of herb for nausea
4. What does Auntie tell Tayo and Old Grandma is the way that Pinkie dies?
(a) He is hit by a car
(b) Emo shoots him in the back of the head
(c) Leroy stabbed him in the heart
(d) Pinkie does not get killed
5. What are the two names that all of creation is said to have in modern times?
(a) Indian and white
(b) Spiritual and material
(c) Old and new
(d) Mundane and ceremonial
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Auntie’s old dog who always ran after female dogs in heat?
2. Who does the woman tell Josiah she dances for in the present?
3. Why does Auntie keep Josiah very busy?
4. What does Tayo do right before Rocky begins to dress a deer they killed in a hunt?
5. What is unusual about the pine tree where Tayo makes a hole in the fence where his cattle are located?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)