|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ceremony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been dry since Tayo prayed the rain away?
2. What kind of fur vest is the hunter who Tayo meets walking wear?
(c) Mountain lion
3. What color is the beard of the store keeper where Tayo tries to buy some candy?
4. Why does Tayo shake the branches on the tree outside Ts’eh’s house?
(a) To watch the snow fall
(b) To get the snow off so the branches do not break
(c) To make a pattern for divination
(d) To get the blanket off a branch
5. What does Tayo's sergeant tell the men to do that Tayo is unable to do?
(a) Kill young children
(b) Bury evidence
(c) Beat up another American soldier
(d) Kill unarmed Japanese prisoners
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helen Jean live before she moves to Gallup?
2. With what were the walls of the Ts’eh’s cabin plastered?
3. What does Shush, the name of the medicine man’s helper mean in English?
4. What do the old Utes say about elevators and juke boxes?
5. How do the living animals feel about witches?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)