|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ceremony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with the wool blankets the army gave the Indians in the 1800’s?
(a) They were infected with smallpox
(b) They were all green
(c) They were moth eaten
(d) They were more cotton than wool
2. Where does Helen Jean live before she moves to Gallup?
3. What animal went to the mother of the people during a drought and asked forgiveness for the people?
(a) A dragonfly
(b) A coyote
(c) A road runner
(d) A greenbottle fly
4. What does the medicine man say about living so close to Gallup?
(a) The town is out of place
(b) He is thinking about moving
(c) He hates it
(d) The town belongs to the land
5. What kind of job does Helen Jean get in Gallup?
(b) Theater janitor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josiah doing when he dies?
2. What does the medicine man tell Tayo to do after they walk Tayo through the Ceremony?
3. Why does Helen Jean go to the bars and hang out with the Indian men?
4. What does Josiah tell Tayo the frogs do during a drought?
5. How does Ts’eh match up plants and stones when she is sorting them on her table?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)