|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ceremony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tayo say when Leroy offers him a drink while in the truck?
(a) His stomach is too sick for drinking
(b) He does not like the brand of wine
(c) He is attending AA
(d) He would like a beer
2. What does the medicine man tell Tayo about what witchery does?
(a) It is responsible for everything that happens
(b) Witchery does not discriminate between white man and Indian
(c) It only manipulates a small portion of reality
(d) It does not exist
3. What is the main thing wrong with white people, according to the creation legend?
(a) They do not know what happened to their souls
(b) They see only objects and not living creatures or living earth
(c) They cannot feel the path of light because their aura is too dense
(d) Their souls separate from their bodies when they are born
4. What happens to the willows in the arroyo?
(a) A flash flood up roots them
(c) Drunk men chopped them down
(d) They are burned up when a streak of lightning hits them
5. For what is Reed Woman scolded by her sister?
(a) Singing during the sacred
(b) Bathing all day
(c) Sleeping all day
(d) Dancing all night
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harley say riding in the truck at top speed is better than?
2. What does Tayo say no one is allowed to do to an invisible one?
3. What does "she" say is the only cure in the four-line poem, "What She Said"?
4. Why was Betonie’s grandmother thrown out of her village when she was born?
5. What is the tribe of the woman who is in the truck with Harley and Leroy when they stop and pick up Tayo?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)