|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ceremony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the pine tree where Tayo makes a hole in the fence where his cattle are located?
(a) It has been split by lightning
(b) It is bent over so that it top almost touches the ground
(c) It has three trunks
(d) It has grown into one tree with an oak
2. What does Tayo dream about the night he sleeps with Ts’eh?
(b) The cattle
(c) His mother
(d) The woman
3. Where is Thought-Woman sitting in the opening poem?
(a) Under a tree
(b) On top of a mountain
(c) In a creek bed
(d) In her room
4. Where does Tayo sleep the night when the cowboys let him go?
(a) In a shallow depression covered with leaves
(b) In a cave
(c) Near the pine tree where he cut the fence
(d) Next to the body of his horse
5. Who goes to church on Sundays with Auntie?
(a) The children
(b) No one
(c) Old Grandma
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two names that all of creation is said to have in modern times?
2. Where does Ulibarri live?
3. What does Tayo do when he goes into the corn field one night?
4. Why does Helen Jean go to the bars and hang out with the Indian men?
5. Who is Descheeny married to when he brings a Mexican girl to his home?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)