|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ceremony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the worst thing for Tayo when in the war?
(a) The rain
(b) The sound of artillery exploding
(c) The sound of crickets
(d) The lack of privacy
2. When Emo is banished from the Pueblo, where does he go?
(a) New York
3. What does Betonie draw in the sand that he tells Tayo to remember?
(a) The pattern of some stars
(b) A type of herb for nausea
(c) How to twine vines for the next Ceremony
(d) A map
4. Why is Tayo happy it starts snowing the morning after his encounter with the fence patrol?
(a) He will be able to bury himself in the snow to sleep that night
(b) It will mean they will not be able to track him
(c) He likes it when the land looks new with snow on it
(d) It will bring water to the land
5. What kind of hat does Descheeny wear?
(a) Baseball cap
(b) Leather cowboy hat
(c) Coon skin hat
(d) Badger fur hat
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the woman tell Josiah she dances for in the present?
2. Who does Tayo keep thinking he sees as being dead?
3. What kind of job does Helen Jean get in Gallup?
4. Why does Josiah send Tayo with a note to Josiah’s mistress?
5. What does Josiah tell Tayo the frogs do during a drought?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)