• The story begins with a condensed version of a Laguna Indian creation myth.
• Tayo, is a half Luguna Indian from his mother and half white from an unknown white man in Gallup, New Mexico. His mother is homeless and he remembers men coming in and out of their corrugated shelter.
• When he is four she leaves him with her family in the Laguna Pueblo. He grows up under the resentful care of his aunt, who did not want to take him.
• Tayo’s aunt makes certain he knows he is not wanted although his Old Grandma, and his uncles, Robert and Josiah are kind to him. Josiah plays the major male role figure in Tayo’s life.
• Rocky, his aunt and uncle’s son, is near Tayo’s age and they grow up in a brotherly relationship. Rocky is good at everything from academics to sports and...
This section contains 1,507 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)