|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Finlay Perkin threaten to turn Seccumbe into in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Amos Calendar collect bones in Chapter 9?
3. When Dumire leads a search for Soren Sorenson, what does he learn?
4. What causes farming problems in the early 1920s?
5. Why do thousands of cattle die in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Finlay Perkin threaten to ruin Seccumbe?
2. What happens as soon as the Wendells arrive in Centennial?
3. What problems do the dust storms cause in Centennial?
4. How do sugar beets cause problems for the people of Centennial?
5. What happens of Soren Sorenson's body?
6. What happens to Jim after he asks Clemma to marry him?
7. Why doesn't Finlay Perkin turn Seccumbe in?
8. What happens when Mauve Wendell can not scam Soren Sorenson?
9. What happens when sheep appear on the ranch in Chapter 10?
10. What bothers Phillip about his father dying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three characters from this novel. Consider their motivations, their means of reaching goals and their outcomes.
Essay Topic 2
How are sick and dying children used in "Centennial"? What do they represent, reflect and foreshadow?
Essay Topic 3
What is symbolic about hunting in this novel? What does hunting represent? How are people who hunt described?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)