|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Wendells buy land in Chapter 11?
2. Where is the scientist from that Levi calls in Chapter 9?
3. How does Buckford assume he will be able to run his cattle business?
4. How do the farmers react to Walter Bellamy's warning in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Dumire request to meet with as he is dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do the dust storms cause in Centennial?
2. What happens of Soren Sorenson's body?
3. What happens as soon as the Wendells arrive in Centennial?
4. How is Levi's death revealed in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 12, how does Charlotte interfere with Skimmerhorn's career?
6. What happens to Jim after he asks Clemma to marry him?
7. What happens to Clemma in Saint Louis?
8. Why does Hans Brumbaugh decide to start a farm in Chapter 9?
9. Why doesn't Finlay Perkin turn Seccumbe in?
10. What happens when Mauve Wendell can not scam Soren Sorenson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are sick and dying children used in "Centennial"? What do they represent, reflect and foreshadow?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast life outside of Centennial with life inside.
Essay Topic 3
Trace the development of the United States throughout this novel. How does what happens in Centennial reflect the rest of the country?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)