|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many older brothers does Levi Zandt have?
2. What ends Pasquinel's partnership with McKeag?
3. What does John Skimmerhorn hire J.R. Poteet as for his trip to Texas in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Sam Purchas suggest Levi sell his horses?
5. Why is Lucinda described as Saint Louis's most eligible young woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Poteet take charge in hiring a team in Chapter 8?
2. How does Levi feel about selling the horses during his trip west?
3. What does Skimmerhorn do to Native Americans at the end of Chapter 7?
4. Why does John Skimmerhorn help plan Oliver's trip to Texas?
5. In Chapter 7, how do the Native Americans react to the treaty?
6. What happens when Pasquinel is shot with an arrow?
7. What happens to the first gun Lame Beaver's tribe ever owns?
8. What happens after Pasquinel dies?
9. Why does Levi decide to turn around and go back east?
10. What happens to Pasquinel when he tries to return to Saint Louis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Levi's role in founding Centennial. How is Levi representative of new beginnings?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of stealing in "Centennial."
Essay Topic 3
How does Lame Beaver come to achieve his status? Analyze Lame Beaver's status in his tribe and the outside world. How does this help and hinder his tribe?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)