|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 2 describe about the mountains?
2. In Chapter 8, how many miles of desert does John Skimmerhorn's group travel across?
3. What does Lame Beaver tell his daughter about Pasquinel in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 4, what is unique about the bullets Lame Beaver steals?
5. Where is Dr. Lewis Vernor a professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John Skimmerhorn do when he meets up with Lost Eagle's tribe in Chapter 8?
2. Why is Larkin interested in Lucinda?
3. In Chapter 1, what task is Dr. Lewis Vernor asked to do?
4. How is Jacques described in Chapter 5?
5. What happens when Lame Beaver steals horses from an opposing tribe?
6. Why does John Skimmerhorn hire Nacho as a cook?
7. What is Pasquinel's relationship with Brockweiss?
8. Why does Poteet take charge in hiring a team in Chapter 8?
9. During his trip west, what happens when Levi finds the family that was killed by Pawnee?
10. How does Levi feel about selling the horses during his trip west?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are sick and dying children used in "Centennial"? What do they represent, reflect and foreshadow?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the fulfillment of race roles in this novel. Consider the lives of the characters who are half Native American.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the decline of agriculture as it is depicted in this novel.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)