|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What small town is named Wendell after Mervin Wendell's death?
(a) Line Camp.
(c) Field Grove.
2. How long does it take before Soren Sorenson is reported missing?
(a) A month.
(b) Several days.
(c) A week.
(d) One day.
3. Why does Levi call a scientist when he finds a bone?
(a) It's very small.
(b) He thinks it belongs to a human.
(c) It looks diseased.
(d) It's very large.
4. When is it suggested to change Levi's farm's name to Centennial?
(a) After Centennial buys most of the land.
(b) After Clemma leaves.
(c) After Amos comes to the farm.
(d) After Colorado becomes a state.
5. As he is dying, where does Dumire suspect Soren Sorenson's body is?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) Near the creek.
(c) Deeper in the well.
(d) Off the land somewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brumbaugh find Tranquilino Marquez?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Hans Brumbaugh realize about the gold seekers?
3. Where does Mervin put Soren Sorenson's body?
4. When Dumire leads a search for Soren Sorenson, what does he learn?
5. Where does Phillip move Soren Sorenson's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brumbaugh help Tranquilino in Chapter 12?
2. Why doesn't Finlay Perkin turn Seccumbe in?
3. How do sugar beets cause problems for the people of Centennial?
4. In Chapter 12, how does Charlotte interfere with Skimmerhorn's career?
5. What is the appeal behind dry farming?
6. Why does Alex Dumire come to Centennial?
7. How is Levi's death revealed in Chapter 11?
8. How does Mervin try to tease Phillip in Chapter 12?
9. What happens as soon as the Wendells arrive in Centennial?
10. Why does Hans Brumbaugh decide to start a farm in Chapter 9?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)