|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Soren Sorenson give any money to Maude?
(a) He already spent his money.
(b) She asks for too much money.
(c) She doesn't ask for any money.
(d) He knows she's a scammer.
2. Who is Beely Garret's father?
(a) The first cattle rancher in Centennial.
(b) The first lawer in Centennial.
(c) The first doctor in Centennial.
(d) The first sheep herder in Centennial.
3. What does Mervin jokingly ask for for his birthday?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) To know where the body is.
(c) A happier son.
(d) A prettier wife.
4. Why is Fat Laura shot along with Bufe Coker?
(a) She was a curious neighbor.
(b) She was trying to rob him.
(c) She was trying to warn him.
(d) She was a witness.
5. Why does Clemma turn down Jim Lloyd's offer of marriage?
(a) She wants to go to Saint Loius.
(b) He is too old.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is seeing someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Earl Grebe and Magnes Volkema visit Centennial?
2. Where does Phillip move Soren Sorenson's body?
3. How do the Wendells buy land in Chapter 11?
4. What does Mervin Wendell fall ill from in Chapter 13?
5. What does Amos Calendar lead in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Charlotte when she visits England in Chapter 10?
2. What happens as soon as the Wendells arrive in Centennial?
3. Why can't Dumire complete his investigation of Soren Sorenson's death?
4. How does Brumbaugh help Tranquilino in Chapter 12?
5. What happens of Soren Sorenson's body?
6. Why does Alex Dumire come to Centennial?
7. How does Charlotte stop Clemma from interfering with her marriage to Jim?
8. What happens when sheep appear on the ranch in Chapter 10?
9. How does Mervin try to tease Phillip in Chapter 12?
10. What happens to Clemma in Saint Louis?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)