|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim find Clemma in Chapter 10?
2. What other name are the Pettis boys known as?
(a) Gun boys.
(b) Guns for hire.
(c) Gun brothers.
(d) Two guns in tow.
3. What does Cyprian Pasquinel warn Lucinda about in Chapter 9?
(a) That Clay Basket has dangerous debts.
(b) That Clay Basket will return to harm her.
(c) That Clemma will spend all her money.
(d) That Clemma's husband will leave her.
4. What is Alex Dumire known as?
(a) An outlaw.
(b) A lawman.
(c) A tradesman.
(d) A teacher.
5. What causes farming problems in the early 1920s?
(b) Dust storms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Bufe Coker?
2. Who stands up for Triunfador and rents him land for one dollar a year?
3. What does Clemma tell Jim after they meet again in Chapter 10?
4. What small town is named Wendell after Mervin Wendell's death?
5. Who does Clemma tell Levi she is going to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Levi's death revealed in Chapter 11?
2. What problems do the dust storms cause in Centennial?
3. How does Mervin try to tease Phillip in Chapter 12?
4. Why doesn't Finlay Perkin turn Seccumbe in?
5. How does Charlotte stop Clemma from interfering with her marriage to Jim?
6. What happens when Buckford brings his daughter to Colorado for the first time?
7. Why does Alex Dumire come to Centennial?
8. How does Finlay Perkin threaten to ruin Seccumbe?
9. What happens to Clemma in Saint Louis?
10. What happens as soon as the Wendells arrive in Centennial?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)