|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do thousands of cattle die in Chapter 10?
(a) They starve.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They freeze.
(d) They are poisoned.
2. Why does Amos Calendar collect bones in Chapter 9?
(a) To sell.
(b) To inspect.
(c) To bury.
(d) To collect.
3. Why doesn't Soren Sorenson give any money to Maude?
(a) He knows she's a scammer.
(b) She doesn't ask for any money.
(c) She asks for too much money.
(d) He already spent his money.
4. Who shoots Dumire in Chapter 11?
(c) No one knows.
5. What does Amos Calendar lead in Chapter 9?
(a) A buffalo hunt.
(b) A prayer service.
(c) A man hunt.
(d) A trip west.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Amos Calender have in Colorado?
2. What causes farming problems in the early 1920s?
3. Who stands up for Triunfador and rents him land for one dollar a year?
4. In Chapter 10, why does Levi's brother send Levi a letter?
5. As he is dying, where does Dumire suspect Soren Sorenson's body is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim plan to kill the Pettis boys?
2. What happens to Jim after he asks Clemma to marry him?
3. How does Finlay Perkin threaten to ruin Seccumbe?
4. What happens when Mauve Wendell can not scam Soren Sorenson?
5. What bothers Phillip about his father dying?
6. Why does Alex Dumire come to Centennial?
7. What happens when sheep appear on the ranch in Chapter 10?
8. What happens as soon as the Wendells arrive in Centennial?
9. How do sugar beets cause problems for the people of Centennial?
10. Why can't Dumire complete his investigation of Soren Sorenson's death?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)