|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Never-Death so difficult to kill?
(a) He has magic powers.
(b) He wears armor.
(c) He has a large army.
(d) He is fast.
2. How does Lucinda get her name?
(a) Pasquinel requests it as he dies.
(b) A fur trader gives money for her to be named that.
(c) McKeag gives it to her.
(d) Clay Basket gives it to her.
3. Why does Sam Purchas suggest Levi sell his horses?
(a) To have money for food.
(b) To get a good deal.
(c) To buy oxen.
(d) To raise money for a farm.
4. How does Lame Beaver manage to kill Never-Death?
(a) He suffocates him.
(b) He poisons him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He hits him in the face.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Levi think about a peace treaty between the United States and Native Americans?
(a) That it won't pass Congress.
(b) That it is poorly written.
(c) That it will become law quickly.
(d) That the Native Americans will break it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cottonwood Knee die?
2. Why does Levi suggest Oliver visit John Skimmerhorn?
3. When does Becky jump into a sleigh with Levi?
4. How does Levi's group manage to cross the Platte?
5. What does McKeag say about Lucinda after Pasquinel's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how do the Native Americans react to the treaty?
2. What does Skimmerhorn do to Native Americans at the end of Chapter 7?
3. What is Pasquinel's relationship with Brockweiss?
4. Why does Poteet take charge in hiring a team in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 4, what happens after Lame Beaver kills the two chiefs?
6. What happens to the first gun Lame Beaver's tribe ever owns?
7. How is Jacques described in Chapter 5?
8. Why does John Skimmerhorn help plan Oliver's trip to Texas?
9. How does Levi feel about selling the horses during his trip west?
10. Why is Larkin interested in Lucinda?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)