|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the cattle arrive in Chapter 8, who is the first person Jim sees?
(a) John Skimmerhorn's sister.
(b) John Skimmerhorn's daughter.
(c) Levi's wife.
(d) Levi's daughter.
2. In Chapter 3, what animal does the narrator say is able to cripple bison?
(b) A poisonous bird.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A scorpion.
3. What makes Bufe Coker a poor person to choose horses for the trip to Texas in Chapter 8?
(a) He can't read.
(b) He's never ridden a horse.
(c) He doesn't care about the trip to Texas.
(d) He doesn't know how much horses cost.
4. How old is Mahlon?
5. Whose daughter does Pasquinel agree to marry?
(c) A Cheyenne chief's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spade Larkin keep his hopes high for finding gold?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Levi think about a peace treaty between the United States and Native Americans?
3. How does John Skimmerhorn meet Nacho?
4. While traveling west, why does Levi realize some families became stranded?
5. Why does Levi suggest Oliver visit John Skimmerhorn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pasquinel's relationship with Lame Beaver?
2. How is Jacques described in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 4, what happens after Lame Beaver kills the two chiefs?
4. Why does John Skimmerhorn hire Nacho as a cook?
5. Why does Poteet take charge in hiring a team in Chapter 8?
6. What happens when Lame Beaver steals horses from an opposing tribe?
7. In Chapter 7, how do the Native Americans react to the treaty?
8. What happens to Pasquinel when he tries to return to Saint Louis?
9. What is Pasquinel's relationship with Brockweiss?
10. What does John Skimmerhorn do when he meets up with Lost Eagle's tribe in Chapter 8?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)