|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what animal does the narrator say is able to cripple bison?
(a) A poisonous bird.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A scorpion.
2. What ends Pasquinel's partnership with McKeag?
(a) McKeag threatens Pasquinel's son.
(b) McKeag robs Pasquinel's wife.
(c) Pasquinel takes McKeag's wife.
(d) Pasquinel hurts McKeag's daughter.
3. In Chapter 8, what type of cattle does Oliver Seccumbe want on his land?
(a) Australian lowback.
(b) Red steppe.
(c) Texas longhorn.
4. How old is Mahlon?
5. Why do Levi and Elly saw their wagon in half?
(a) They are having wagon problems.
(b) Their wagon broke.
(c) They want to lighten their load.
(d) They are robbed.
6. How do Jake and Mike test Levi's bravery in Chapter 6?
(a) They burn his store.
(b) They rob him.
(c) They beat him.
(d) They threaten him.
7. What makes Bufe Coker a poor person to choose horses for the trip to Texas in Chapter 8?
(a) He's never ridden a horse.
(b) He doesn't know how much horses cost.
(c) He can't read.
(d) He doesn't care about the trip to Texas.
8. What solution does Frank Skimmerhorn offer in regard to the Native Americans?
(a) He wants them exterminated.
(b) He wants to teach them to farm.
(c) He wants to give them reservation land.
(d) He wants to move them to Canada.
9. How does Levi's group manage to cross the Platte?
(a) They pay someone to help them.
(b) They leave the oxen behind.
(c) They team up with another wagon.
(d) They carry their supplies on their backs.
10. How many horses does Levi attach to the Conestoga wagon?
11. When the cattle arrive in Chapter 8, who is the first person Jim sees?
(a) Levi's daughter.
(b) Levi's wife.
(c) John Skimmerhorn's daughter.
(d) John Skimmerhorn's sister.
12. When does Levi have lunch with Becky?
(a) When they sneak away.
(b) When they are at market.
(c) When their families get together.
(d) When they are on vacation.
13. Why is Never-Death so difficult to kill?
(a) He is fast.
(b) He has magic powers.
(c) He wears armor.
(d) He has a large army.
14. How much money does Levi give the emigrants heading back east?
(a) Thirty dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Forty dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
15. What position is Frank Skimmerhorn appointed to in Chapter 7?
(a) Head of a military unit.
(b) Vice president.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Skimmerhorn meet Nacho?
2. What is Pasquinel doing when he is killed?
3. Why is Lucinda described as Saint Louis's most eligible young woman?
4. What does John Skimmerhorn hire Nacho as for his trip to Texas in Chapter 8?
5. What does Pasquinel arm himself with while waiting for the Rude Water tribe to show up with his pelts?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)