|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nate Pearson happy to help on John Skimmerhorn's trip to Texas in Chapter 8?
(a) He is running away from the law.
(b) He hates his wife.
(c) He wants to start over in Texas.
(d) He needs the money.
2. What does Lame Beaver tell his daughter about Pasquinel in Chapter 5?
(a) That she needs to help him.
(b) That she should avoid him.
(c) That he could teach her.
(d) That she should consider marrying him.
3. While traveling west, why does Levi realize some families became stranded?
(a) Their horses died.
(b) They weren't trying hard enough.
(c) They ran out of supplies.
(d) They had broken wagons.
4. How many horses does Lame Beaver keep after stealing them from an opposing tribe?
5. What do the white men give the Native Americans when they grant them land rights?
(c) Military uniforms.
(d) Building materials.
6. What does Levi name his restored trading post?
(a) Family Stop.
(b) Zandt's Store.
(c) Zandt's Farm.
(d) Levi's Goods.
7. What does Maxwell Mercy stop Sam Purchas from doing while traveling west?
(a) Selling his cattle.
(b) Drinking too much.
(c) Burning his supplies.
(d) Killing Native Americans.
8. According to the narrator, what were the Cheyenne originally known as?
(b) Our People.
(c) Only Ones.
(d) The Tribe.
9. What happens when John Skimmerhorn's group meets Lost Eagle's tribe?
(a) The tribe runs and hides.
(b) The groups engage in a gun fight.
(c) The tribe tries to rob them.
(d) The tribe is starving.
10. How does Cottonwood Knee die?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He dies of old age.
11. When Lame Beaver goes to steal horses from another tribe, how many people go with him?
12. How does John Skimmerhorn meet Nacho?
(a) Nacho asks him for dinner.
(b) Nacho saves him from being robbed.
(c) He gets lost in the desert.
(d) He follows the smell of cooking.
13. What do the Rude Water tribe do to Pasquinel's boat?
(a) Break it up.
(b) Sink it.
(c) Tip it over.
(d) Smash it.
14. Why is Skimmerhorn chastised for his role in United States and Native American relations?
(a) Because he acted without direction.
(b) Because he was too harsh.
(c) Because everyone disagreed with him.
(d) Because he didn't have permission.
15. How does Jake Pasquinel die?
(a) He starves.
(b) He is hung.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when word reaches Levi about the cattle in Chapter 8?
2. How do Jake and Mike test Levi's bravery in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 3, where does the narrator say the horses migrated to?
4. In Chapter 3, what animal does the narrator say the bison encountered?
5. Why does Sam Purchas suggest Levi sell his horses?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)