|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pasquinel do when he realizes he can't get the arrow out of his back?
(a) Screams for help.
(b) Continues on.
(c) Cuts the end off.
(d) Takes a nap.
2. Why do Levi and Elly saw their wagon in half?
(a) Their wagon broke.
(b) They want to lighten their load.
(c) They are robbed.
(d) They are having wagon problems.
3. Why does Levi believe Lucinda needs to become a Christian?
(a) Because he's been sleeping with her.
(b) Because she is a savage.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because she is a sinner.
4. In Chapter 3, what animal does the narrator say the bison encountered?
(a) The large beaver.
(b) The saber-tooth cat.
(c) The native horse.
(d) The water buffalo.
5. How does Cottonwood Knee die?
(a) He dies of old age.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mahlon?
2. What is Pasquinel doing when he is killed?
3. How many older brothers does Levi Zandt have?
4. How many horses does Lame Beaver keep after stealing them from an opposing tribe?
5. Why does Amos Boehman sell his Conestoga wagon?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)