|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lame Beaver tell his daughter about Pasquinel in Chapter 5?
(a) That she needs to help him.
(b) That she should consider marrying him.
(c) That he could teach her.
(d) That she should avoid him.
2. In Chapter 3, what animal does the narrator say the bison encountered?
(a) The large beaver.
(b) The water buffalo.
(c) The saber-tooth cat.
(d) The native horse.
3. Whose daughter does Pasquinel agree to marry?
(a) A Cheyenne chief's.
4. What does McKeag say about Lucinda after Pasquinel's death?
(a) He will pay for her college.
(b) He will find her a new father.
(c) He will pray for her.
(d) He will care for her as his own.
5. Why is Never-Death so difficult to kill?
(a) He is fast.
(b) He has magic powers.
(c) He has a large army.
(d) He wears armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucinda get her name?
2. According to Chapter 3, who were among the first inhabitants of Centennial?
3. What does Pasquinel arm himself with while waiting for the Rude Water tribe to show up with his pelts?
4. What does Chapter 2 describe about the mountains?
5. In Chapter 4, what is unique about the bullets Lame Beaver steals?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)