Chapters One through Four
1. Where is Dr. Lewis Vernor a professor?
(d) South Carolina.
2. Where is the town of Centennial?
(a) South Carolina
3. What does Chapter 2 describe about the mountains?
(a) How they were formed.
(b) What they remind people of.
(c) What they symbolize.
(d) How they will be destroyed.
4. According to Chapter 3, who were among the first inhabitants of Centennial?
(b) Native Americans.
(c) Women and children.
(d) The British.
5. In Chapter 3, what animal does the narrator say the bison encountered?
(a) The native horse.
(b) The saber-tooth cat.
(c) The water buffalo.
(d) The large beaver.
6. In Chapter 3, where does the narrator say the horses migrated to?
7. In Chapter 3, what animal does the narrator say is able to cripple bison?
(a) A poisonous bird.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A rattlesnake.
8. According to the narrator, what were the Cheyenne originally known as?
(a) The Tribe.
(b) Only Ones.
(d) Our People.
This section contains 4,261 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)