|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first act of submission, according to Foster?
(a) To our brothers and sisters in Christ.
(b) To the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(c) To ourselves.
(d) To our spouses.
2. What must be paired along with guidance, according to Foster?
(d) The Grace of God.
3. What was Jesus giving the disciples a chance to do?
(a) Love each other.
(b) Redeem themselves.
(c) Confess their sins.
(d) Answer a call to service.
4. People's lives become void of what as they grow closer to God, according to The Discipline of Celebration?
(c) Stress and worry.
5. The author warns against what type of celebrations?
(b) False and empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author discusses the ____ guidance aspect.
2. What is solitude, according to The Discipline of Solitude?
3. Foster states that spiritual direction is NOT meant to replace what?
4. In The Discipline of Solitude, solitude and what are mentioned as going hand-in-hand?
5. What is the main focus in society, according to Foster?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesus call his disciples to a life of service?
2. What is the difference between being alone and solitude, according to Foster?
3. What are three of the seven acts of submission, as stated in the book?
4. Would you rather be the one who guides or the one who is guided? Why?
5. What is Foster's definition of "self-righteous service"?
6. According to "The Discipline of Celebration," what is Jubilee?
7. What does the service of sharing the Word of Life include, according to "The Discipline of Service"?
8. What are some guidelines Foster gives for improving obedience through worship?
9. Foster states that which of the spiritual disciplines is the most abused? Why?
10. What is the "group guidance" aspect of guidance, according to Foster?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)