|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to statements in The Discipline of Silence, most people seem to see solitude as something that is what?
2. What does Foster write is the discipline that God desires for all of his people?
3. What marked the beginning of Jesus' ministry, according to The Discipline of Celebration?
(b) The relinquishment of sins.
(c) The Great Harvest.
(d) His death.
4. In The Discipline of Solitude, it is mentioned that people will witness what if they practice solitude?
(a) Answered prayer.
(b) Inner peace.
(d) God's blessings.
5. As a person grows deeper in relationship with God, what happens, according to The Discipline of Worship?
(a) They understand more scripture.
(b) Worship becomes more genuine.
(c) They need more and more time to worship.
(d) They become smarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of service helps reduce pride, according to The Discipline of Service?
2. Which discipline is the least desirable to pursue, according to the author?
3. What does God desire proper worship to be, based on Christian belief?
4. In Biblical times, saints came together to do what?
5. In The Discipline of Solitude, solitude and what are mentioned as going hand-in-hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Foster, what are three examples of celebration?
2. What does the service of sharing the Word of Life include, according to "The Discipline of Service"?
3. What is the "group guidance" aspect of guidance, according to Foster?
4. What are the guidelines Foster offers for receiving a confession?
5. Do you think it is easy to make God the object of worship? Why or why not?
6. According to Christian belief, why is the discipline of submission the least desirable to pursue?
7. How does Foster describe the service of guarding the reputation of others?
8. Why do you think Foster writes that the community gives a "gift" when they pray together?
9. What are some guidelines Foster gives for improving obedience through worship?
10. What is Foster's definition of "self-righteous service"?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)