|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Foster, when someone holds their words, what can God do?
(a) Work his plan in the situation.
(c) It is unclear.
2. According to Foster, our celebration must be what?
3. In the Bible, there are many warnings against what?
(b) Eating preserved foods.
(c) Drinking water.
(d) False gods.
4. According to Christian belief, spiritual direction ministers to what?
(a) The lost.
(b) The whole life of the person.
5. In The Discipline of Solitude, it is mentioned that people will witness what if they practice solitude?
(a) Answered prayer.
(c) God's blessings.
(d) Inner peace.
6. Based on The Discipline of Worship, what is the first step to improved obedience through worship?
(a) Worship in different ways and places.
(c) Rely solely on God.
(d) Striving for a personal encounter with God daily.
7. According to Foster, who should be the object of worship?
(b) The person.
8. How does the author define sorrow?
(a) Pitying someone in need.
(b) Feeling badly for the self.
(c) A remorseful acknowledgment that you have willfully sinned against God.
(d) The opposite of feeling sorry.
9. Which word describes God's love, based on Christian belief?
10. The author says that some acts of service are too small. Why?
(a) God wants us to clearly be helping other people.
(b) They just don't matter.
(c) No one notices.
(d) He doesn't say this at all.
11. What marked the beginning of Jesus' ministry, according to The Discipline of Celebration?
(b) His death.
(c) The Great Harvest.
(d) The relinquishment of sins.
12. What is the first of the corporate disciplines, according to Foster?
13. How does Foster think many people feel when they are silent?
14. Who leads the call to submission, as stated in The Discipline of Submission?
(a) The Christian community.
(c) We do.
(d) Our pastors.
15. People's lives become void of what as they grow closer to God, according to The Discipline of Celebration?
(a) Stress and worry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final step to confession, according to Christian belief?
2. According to Foster, what is the final discipline?
3. According to Christian belief, what does submission allow the person to do?
4. In the past, it was common for people to seek guidance through what, according to writings in The Discipline of Guidance?
5. Foster uses examples of groups from where?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)