|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Foster uses examples of groups from where?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Modern literature.
2. What does Foster say about laughter?
(a) It is sinful.
(b) It is contagious.
(c) It can be dangerous.
(d) It is not a source of true joy.
3. What does Foster say is the heart of confession?
4. What is a precursor to hearing a confession, according to The Discipline of Service?
(a) Being in the middle of coming to Christ.
(b) Understanding the death of Jesus on the cross.
(c) Having confessed to someone else previously.
(d) Being especially sinful yourself.
5. What is the first of the corporate disciplines, according to Foster?
6. Foster states that the community gives a gift when they come together with a common request to what?
(b) Confront a Christian.
(c) Interfere in a person's life.
(d) Pray, wait, discern, and act.
7. What must be paired along with guidance, according to Foster?
(d) The Grace of God.
8. Which type of service helps reduce pride, according to The Discipline of Service?
(d) Being served.
9. Who states that "the confession of evil works is the first beginning of good works"?
(b) St. Paul.
(c) Augustine of Hippo.
(d) The author.
10. Who leads the call to submission, as stated in The Discipline of Submission?
(a) The Christian community.
(b) Our pastors.
(d) We do.
11. Many people feel that God's will brings what, according to Christian belief?
(b) Pain and suffering.
(c) Joy and peace.
(d) The devil into our lives.
12. Spiritual direction is meant to facilitate what, according to The Discipline of Guidance?
(a) The relationship between God and human.
(b) Conflict between believers.
(c) Ultimate guidance from God.
(d) The transformation of the soul.
13. According to the writings in this book, should a person worship individually or as a group?
(c) It is unclear.
14. What was Jesus giving the disciples a chance to do?
(a) Love each other.
(b) Answer a call to service.
(c) Redeem themselves.
(d) Confess their sins.
15. What marked the beginning of Jesus' ministry, according to The Discipline of Celebration?
(b) The relinquishment of sins.
(c) The Great Harvest.
(d) His death.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Bible, there are many warnings against what?
2. What is the main focus in society, according to Foster?
3. According to The Discipline of Confession, what are the two sides to confession?
4. The author discusses the ____ guidance aspect.
5. According to the author, what keeps a person from confession?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)