|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Christian belief, what does living a life of submission mean?
(a) Obeying others.
(b) Complying with the laws.
(c) Living responsibly.
(d) Ignoring our own needs.
2. As a person grows deeper in relationship with God, what happens, according to The Discipline of Worship?
(a) They need more and more time to worship.
(b) They understand more scripture.
(c) Worship becomes more genuine.
(d) They become smarter.
3. What is the final step to confession, according to Christian belief?
(a) Writing it down.
(b) Avoid any temptations leading to that sin.
(c) Thank God for forgiving.
(d) Telling all Christians you know.
4. According to Foster, our celebration must be what?
5. According to Foster, what does true service mean?
(a) Service without credit or reward.
(b) Helping lots and lots of people in need.
(c) There is no such thing as "true service."
(d) Authentic service with lots of witnesses.
6. According to Christian theologians, what is "the dark night of the soul"?
(a) A state of meditation.
(b) A type of deep breathing.
(c) A catch phrase.
(d) A period of extreme stillness and solitude.
7. What was Jesus giving the disciples a chance to do?
(a) Love each other.
(b) Answer a call to service.
(c) Redeem themselves.
(d) Confess their sins.
8. What does God desire proper worship to be, based on Christian belief?
(a) A priority.
(b) With other people.
(c) Inside a building.
(d) In nature.
9. The author ties together what concepts?
(a) God's love and His discipline.
(b) Celebration, joy, and strength.
(c) Jesus' disciples and modern-day evagelicals.
(d) Love, peace, and harmony.
10. What is the first act of submission, according to Foster?
(a) To our brothers and sisters in Christ.
(b) To ourselves.
(c) To our spouses.
(d) To the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
11. The Discipline of Guidance states that what is the source of spiritual guidance?
(b) Our hearts.
(c) The mind.
12. What is the type of joy Foster discusses?
(a) The type a husband has when he marries his wife.
(b) Material joy.
(c) True communion with God.
(d) Superficial happiness.
13. What does Foster write is the discipline that God desires for all of his people?
14. What does Foster say is the heart of confession?
15. People's lives become void of what as they grow closer to God, according to The Discipline of Celebration?
(a) Stress and worry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Foster states that spiritual direction is NOT meant to replace what?
2. According to Christian belief, spiritual direction ministers to what?
3. Which type of service helps reduce pride, according to The Discipline of Service?
4. According to Foster, what service helps protect people from gossip?
5. According to Christian belief, what does submission allow the person to do?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)