|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the type of joy Foster discusses?
(a) Material joy.
(b) Superficial happiness.
(c) The type a husband has when he marries his wife.
(d) True communion with God.
2. According to the author, which is the most abused of the disciplines?
3. What does Foster write is the discipline that God desires for all of his people?
4. Many people feel that God's will brings what, according to Christian belief?
(a) Joy and peace.
(c) Pain and suffering.
(d) The devil into our lives.
5. What marked the beginning of Jesus' ministry, according to The Discipline of Celebration?
(a) The Great Harvest.
(b) The relinquishment of sins.
(d) His death.
6. According to the author, what must happen in order for a person to have healthy relationships?
(a) They must learn how to be alone.
(b) They must be raised in a healthy household.
(c) They must pray.
(d) They must start dating.
7. Foster writes that there are how many acts of submission?
8. In the past, it was common for people to seek guidance through what, according to writings in The Discipline of Guidance?
(a) Family members.
(b) Spiritual direction.
(d) Tea leaves.
9. In Biblical times, saints came together to do what?
(a) Consult each other.
(b) Decide the future of various church members.
(c) Cook meals.
(d) Receive direction from God.
10. Foster states that what requires surrender of our will?
(b) Obedience to God.
(d) Corporate prayer.
11. What is the final type of service, according to The Discipline of Service?
(a) Sharing the Word of Life.
12. How does Foster think many people feel when they are silent?
13. According to The Discipline of Submission, what is lauded in our modern culture?
(c) Control and power.
14. What can happen when worshiping in a group, according to Christian belief?
(a) Some start to lead.
(b) People start to turn on one another.
(c) The spirit can grow within the group.
(d) Different perspectives become distracting.
15. Spiritual direction is meant to facilitate what, according to The Discipline of Guidance?
(a) The relationship between God and human.
(b) The transformation of the soul.
(c) Conflict between believers.
(d) Ultimate guidance from God.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Christian theologians, what is "the dark night of the soul"?
2. What is the main focus in society, according to Foster?
3. What does God desire proper worship to be, based on Christian belief?
4. According to Foster, what is the final step to improved obedience through worship?
5. Which discipline offers freedom from the need to always get your way, based on Christian belief?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)