|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Foster, what does true service mean?
(a) Helping lots and lots of people in need.
(b) Authentic service with lots of witnesses.
(c) There is no such thing as "true service."
(d) Service without credit or reward.
2. Which word describes God's love, based on Christian belief?
3. Foster states that what requires surrender of our will?
(c) Corporate prayer.
(d) Obedience to God.
4. How does the author define sorrow?
(a) Feeling badly for the self.
(b) A remorseful acknowledgment that you have willfully sinned against God.
(c) Pitying someone in need.
(d) The opposite of feeling sorry.
5. Which type of service helps reduce pride, according to The Discipline of Service?
(d) Being served.
6. As a person grows deeper in relationship with God, what happens, according to The Discipline of Worship?
(a) Worship becomes more genuine.
(b) They understand more scripture.
(c) They need more and more time to worship.
(d) They become smarter.
7. The Discipline of Guidance states that what is the source of spiritual guidance?
(b) The mind.
(d) Our hearts.
8. God is always willing to receive a person's what, according to Christian belief?
9. The author ties together what concepts?
(a) Celebration, joy, and strength.
(b) God's love and His discipline.
(c) Jesus' disciples and modern-day evagelicals.
(d) Love, peace, and harmony.
10. What is solitude, according to The Discipline of Solitude?
(a) Just being on your own.
(b) Living alone.
(c) Inner fulfillment.
(d) Very undesirable.
11. What is the final step to confession, according to Christian belief?
(a) Telling all Christians you know.
(b) Writing it down.
(c) Thank God for forgiving.
(d) Avoid any temptations leading to that sin.
12. The description of guidance is opening the _____ to respond to God's directions.
13. Many people feel that God's will brings what, according to Christian belief?
(a) The devil into our lives.
(b) Pain and suffering.
(c) Joy and peace.
14. According to Christian belief, spiritual direction ministers to what?
(b) The whole life of the person.
(c) The lost.
15. What are the two types of deep wrongs, according to Foster?
(a) Godly and unGodly.
(b) Sins of the heart and sins of the flesh.
(c) Near and far.
(d) Emotional and physical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marked the beginning of Jesus' ministry, according to The Discipline of Celebration?
2. What is the type of joy Foster discusses?
3. What can happen when worshiping in a group, according to Christian belief?
4. According to Foster, our celebration must be what?
5. According to Foster, service is not always _____ and takes _________.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)