|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what must happen in order for a person to have healthy relationships?
(a) They must start dating.
(b) They must pray.
(c) They must be raised in a healthy household.
(d) They must learn how to be alone.
2. According to The Discipline of Confession, what are the two sides to confession?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Rationalizing and emoting.
(c) Accepting and denying.
(d) Giving and receiving.
3. Which discipline is the least desirable to pursue, according to the author?
4. According to Foster, when someone holds their words, what can God do?
(b) Work his plan in the situation.
(d) It is unclear.
5. In the past, it was common for people to seek guidance through what, according to writings in The Discipline of Guidance?
(a) Tea leaves.
(b) Family members.
(c) Spiritual direction.
6. Foster states that what requires surrender of our will?
(c) Corporate prayer.
(d) Obedience to God.
7. What is solitude, according to The Discipline of Solitude?
(a) Very undesirable.
(b) Inner fulfillment.
(c) Just being on your own.
(d) Living alone.
8. Based on The Discipline of Worship, what is the first step to improved obedience through worship?
(a) Rely solely on God.
(b) Striving for a personal encounter with God daily.
(c) Worship in different ways and places.
9. Which type of service helps reduce pride, according to The Discipline of Service?
(b) Being served.
10. According to Foster, what is there when Christ enters the world?
11. According to the writings in this book, should a person worship individually or as a group?
(a) It is unclear.
12. Who leads the call to submission, as stated in The Discipline of Submission?
(a) Our pastors.
(b) We do.
(c) The Christian community.
13. According to The Discipline of Submission, what is the key to submission?
14. Foster uses examples of groups from where?
(a) Modern literature.
(b) The Bible.
(d) The Odyssey.
15. The author ties together what concepts?
(a) Celebration, joy, and strength.
(b) Love, peace, and harmony.
(c) God's love and His discipline.
(d) Jesus' disciples and modern-day evagelicals.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Discipline of Guidance states that what is the source of spiritual guidance?
2. How does Foster think many people feel when they are silent?
3. In The Discipline of Solitude, it is mentioned that people will witness what if they practice solitude?
4. According to Foster, what is the final discipline?
5. How many examples does Foster provide of celebration?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)