|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Celebration of Celebration of Discipline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say becomes an ingrained habit?
(b) Being lazy.
2. What does the author say people should be careful to prevent from taking over their lives?
3. Readers can use the tool at the end of the book to do what?
(a) Look up people who have helped Foster.
(b) Further their spiritual growth.
(c) Journal about their own experiences.
(d) Research churches in the United States.
4. Who is the religion publisher?
(a) Bill Cathers.
(b) Richard Foster.
(c) Doris Boyce.
(d) Clayton Carlson.
5. Why does fasting seem to be a desirable goal in the secular world, according to The Discipline of Fasting?
(a) It helps us get closer to God.
(b) There is a focus on weight and health.
(c) The author is not clear.
(d) People want to be more spiritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which discipline offers freedom from the need to always get your way, based on Christian belief?
2. The Discipline of Meditation says that meditation differs from the scriptures in what way?
3. Foster states that the community gives a gift when they come together with a common request to what?
4. People's lives become void of what as they grow closer to God, according to The Discipline of Celebration?
5. In the Bible, there are many warnings against what?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)