|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Celebration of Celebration of Discipline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People's lives become void of what as they grow closer to God, according to The Discipline of Celebration?
(c) Stress and worry.
2. From the start, fasting needs to be what, according to Foster?
(a) Quick and easy.
(b) God-centered and God-initiated.
(c) In order to help those less fortunate.
3. The author begins to pray without what?
(d) The Bible.
4. According to The Discipline of Meditation, a person must overcome what in order to meditate effectively?
(b) Preconceived notions.
(c) The obstacles of the devil.
5. Foster writes that Eastern meditation hopes to do what to the mind?
(a) Fill it up with knowledge.
(b) Transform it.
(c) Get rid of it.
(d) Empty it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who states that "the confession of evil works is the first beginning of good works"?
2. What does the author say happens to people when they feel as if control is being lost?
3. In the book, it states that for worship, there is a need for the person to have a strong desire to be what?
4. What does the author suggest we do if we have to use credit to buy something?
5. According to The Discipline of Submission, what is the key to submission?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)