|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Celebration of Celebration of Discipline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Christian belief, why does Jesus want people to seek the truth?
(a) He doesn't say this; St. Paul does.
(b) Because the truth sets them free.
(c) So they will see him for who he really is.
(d) To spread all over the globe.
2. According to Christian belief, what three things does a person need to consider before meeting with God in meditation?
(a) Words, breaths, voice.
(b) Time, place, and posture.
(c) Why, when, where.
(d) Thoughts, worries, and fears.
3. What does the author say is NOT a requirement to understand the disciplines?
(a) Theoretical knowledge.
(b) Trust in God.
(c) A Bible.
(d) Close friends.
4. What had an impact on lots of lives?
(a) Foster's book tour.
(b) Celebration of Discipline.
(c) The references to disciples.
(d) The dog at Foster's church.
5. What discipline makes change occur, according to the author?
(a) All of them.
(d) None of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who originally described the dark night of the soul?
2. According to Foster, what does true service mean?
3. The Discipline of Guidance states that what is the source of spiritual guidance?
4. What is the goal of the examination of the conscience, as stated by the author?
5. What is the final step to confession, according to Christian belief?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)