|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Celebration of Celebration of Discipline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to The Discipline of Meditation, what does meditation begin with?
(a) A prayer for the desire to encounter God.
(c) Deep breathing.
2. Who is included in the final section?
(a) The author and his family members.
(b) Authors, teachers, and pastors.
(c) Literary critics.
(d) Anonymous people.
3. What is the concept behind fasting of Biblical times?
(a) Showing others what you are able to do.
(b) Going without food for spiritual growth.
(c) Losing weight.
(d) Becoming stronger.
4. The author ties together what concepts?
(a) Jesus' disciples and modern-day evagelicals.
(b) Celebration, joy, and strength.
(c) Love, peace, and harmony.
(d) God's love and His discipline.
5. The description of guidance is opening the _____ to respond to God's directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to The Discipline of Study, what becomes well-trained through repetition?
2. Who states that "the confession of evil works is the first beginning of good works"?
3. In The Door to Liberations, how are ingrained habits conquered?
4. What is the purpose of modern fasting?
5. What does the author suggest we do if we have to use credit to buy something?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)