|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Worship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to The Discipline of Simplicity, what is simplicity dependent upon?
(a) Inner focus.
(c) Our prayers.
2. According to the author, what are the two types of difficulties a person will face when practicing the spiritual disciplines?
(a) Philosophical and practical.
(b) Mental and emotional.
(c) Practical and emotional.
(d) Mental and physical.
3. According to Foster, when someone holds their words, what can God do?
(a) Work his plan in the situation.
(b) It is unclear.
4. In the book, Foster states that something happens to people when they think they have become "the right kind of person". What is it that happens to people?
(a) They die.
(b) They ask for the wrong types of things.
(c) Pride takes over.
(d) They become sinful.
5. According to Foster, who should be the object of worship?
(c) The person.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Christian belief, what does Christian meditation hope to do to the mind?
2. Foster writes that we should offer prayers to God for requests, as well as what?
3. According to The Discipline of Study, what is the goal of all the disciplines?
4. Using words to control becomes what, according to The Discipline of Silence?
5. What are the two types of study, as stated by Foster?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)