|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Worship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Christian belief, what is the source of human transformation?
(c) The soul.
(d) The mind.
2. According to Christian theologians, what is "the dark night of the soul"?
(a) A state of meditation.
(b) A type of deep breathing.
(c) A period of extreme stillness and solitude.
(d) A catch phrase.
3. According to Foster, what is the final step to improved obedience through worship?
(a) Being physically present.
(b) Willingly giving time to God.
(c) Striving for a personal encounter with God everyday.
(d) Giving thanksgiving.
4. According to Christian beliefs, what is fasting truly supposed to be about?
(a) The Body of Christ.
(b) The self.
(c) Removing what controls a person's spirit.
(d) The Bible.
5. What served as a guide for prayer for the author?
(a) His heart.
(b) St. Francis of Assisi.
(c) His parents.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to statements in The Discipline of Silence, most people seem to see solitude as something that is what?
2. According to Foster, what does being simple like God mean?
3. What are the two types of study, as stated by Foster?
4. Why does the author say most people are afraid of meditation?
5. What does God desire proper worship to be, based on Christian belief?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)