|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Service.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many principles does the author give to living a simpler life?
2. According to the author, living the spiritual disciplines brings us closer to God and opens us up for His gift of __________.
3. What can be a freeing experience, according to Foster?
(a) Letting go.
(b) Defying God.
(c) Trusting God.
(d) Reading the Bible.
4. Who originally described the dark night of the soul?
(a) St. Augustine of Hippo.
(c) The author.
(d) Saint John of the Cross.
5. Who is Dallas Willard?
(a) The founder of the author's church.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) A homeless man near the author's church.
(d) A member of the author's church who leads scripture studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Foster, how does study benefit meditation?
2. What is a natural part of life, according to Christian belief?
3. Christian belief states that something can change how a person thinks and imagines. What is it that changes how a person thinks and imagines?
4. Foster indicates that one's imagination can be used more for good than for evil at what point?
5. According to Foster, what does being simple like God mean?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)