|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Service.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sorts of addictions does Foster refer to in the chapter about simplicity?
(a) Food, drink, and anything that controls our time.
2. The apostle Paul says in the Bible that we are transformed through the renewal of what?
(b) The mind.
(c) Our communities.
3. According to Christian belief, why does Jesus want people to seek the truth?
(a) Because the truth sets them free.
(b) He doesn't say this; St. Paul does.
(c) So they will see him for who he really is.
(d) To spread all over the globe.
4. What happens to the cravings for unhealthy and unnecessary items when one is fasting?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) They disappear and are replaced by the desire to commune with God.
(c) They likely get worse.
5. Which discipline is the least desirable to pursue, according to the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author say most people are afraid of meditation?
2. What are the most important prayers as mentioned in The Discipline of Prayer?
3. How is spiritual study different from academic study?
4. During fasting, the close bond between fasting and what becomes clear, according to Foster?
5. What is the concept behind fasting of Biblical times?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)