|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Service.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dallas Willard?
(a) The founder of the author's church.
(b) A member of the author's church who leads scripture studies.
(c) The author's brother.
(d) A homeless man near the author's church.
2. In Christian belief, what is the source of human transformation?
(a) The mind.
(c) The soul.
3. According to The Discipline of Meditation, a person must overcome what in order to meditate effectively?
(a) The obstacles of the devil.
(c) Preconceived notions.
4. According to Christian belief, it is important to pray like who?
(a) Each other.
(b) Mary, mother of Jesus.
(d) A child.
5. What is the main focus in society, according to Foster?
(c) Being social.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of the disciplines?
2. What is loneliness, according to Foster?
3. How much longer was this edition written after its first publication?
4. Christian belief states that something can change how a person thinks and imagines. What is it that changes how a person thinks and imagines?
5. Foster writes that Eastern meditation hopes to do what to the mind?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)