|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Study.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does fasting seem to be a desirable goal in the secular world, according to The Discipline of Fasting?
(a) There is a focus on weight and health.
(b) The author is not clear.
(c) People want to be more spiritual.
(d) It helps us get closer to God.
2. Foster writes that we should offer prayers to God for requests, as well as what?
(b) Prayers for healing.
3. The Discipline of Meditation says that meditation differs from the scriptures in what way?
(a) There is no difference.
(b) Scriptures are more important.
(c) Meditation makes the scriptures come to life and become more personal.
(d) Meditation takes more discipline.
4. What is the author's goal through this book?
(a) To help nonbelievers.
(b) To share his own experiences.
(c) To guide people closer to God and remove barriers to spiritual growth.
(d) To answer a prayer.
5. What did Doris Boyce help the author do?
(c) Clean his home.
(d) Type manuscripts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps the mind to become more centered and increases the ability to learn more, as stated in Foster's book?
2. What is the concept behind fasting of Biblical times?
3. Does the author state that prayer needs to be a complicated process?
4. According to Christian belief, what three things does a person need to consider before meeting with God in meditation?
5. Who is the religion publisher?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)