|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Study.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following was an influence on the author's writing?
(a) His mother.
(b) Pope John Paul II.
(c) His son.
(d) St. Francis of Assisi.
2. What is the final step of study, based on Christian belief?
3. The author thinks that what sort of environment is good for meditation?
(b) A dark space.
(c) One that is quiet and peaceful.
(d) The outdoors.
4. What happens to the cravings for unhealthy and unnecessary items when one is fasting?
(b) It is unclear.
(c) They likely get worse.
(d) They disappear and are replaced by the desire to commune with God.
5. According to The Discipline of Study, what becomes well-trained through repetition?
(a) The body.
(b) The heart.
(c) The spirit.
(d) The inner mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the concept behind fasting of Biblical times?
2. Under what circumstances does Jesus instruct his disciples to fast?
3. What does the author say becomes an ingrained habit?
4. How many categories of spiritual disciplines are there?
5. What does Foster say is the focus during Christian meditation?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)