|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Study.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author thinks that what sort of environment is good for meditation?
(a) The outdoors.
(b) One that is quiet and peaceful.
(d) A dark space.
2. The apostle Paul says in the Bible that we are transformed through the renewal of what?
(a) The mind.
(c) Our communities.
3. What does the author say becomes an ingrained habit?
(c) Being lazy.
4. According to Christian belief, what does Christian meditation hope to do to the mind?
(a) Elevate it.
(b) Fill it.
(c) Void it of thought.
(d) Take it out of the person.
5. Foster says that true prayer requires what of us?
(c) Love for God.
(d) To let go of our own will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is NOT a requirement to understand the disciplines?
2. According to the author, living the spiritual disciplines brings us closer to God and opens us up for His gift of __________.
3. Who is Dallas Willard?
4. What law in the Bible applies to fasting?
5. What is the name of the church where the author is pastor?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)