|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Study.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Christian belief, why does Jesus want people to seek the truth?
(a) Because the truth sets them free.
(b) He doesn't say this; St. Paul does.
(c) To spread all over the globe.
(d) So they will see him for who he really is.
2. What is the author's relationship with Ken and Doris Boyce?
(a) They are the author's longtime friends and surrogate parents.
(b) They are his biological parents.
(c) They are his sister and brother-in-law.
(d) They are his children.
3. During fasting, the close bond between fasting and what becomes clear, according to Foster?
4. Why does the author say most people are afraid of meditation?
(a) Because they meet with God with no go-between.
(b) It might make them believe in another religion.
(c) It has a stigma.
(d) Because they have visions.
5. What is an example of verbal study?
(c) Natural observation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Door to Liberations, how are ingrained habits conquered?
2. What are the most important prayers as mentioned in The Discipline of Prayer?
3. What is the definition of fasting in the Bible?
4. What does the author say people should be careful to prevent from taking over their lives?
5. What helps the mind to become more centered and increases the ability to learn more, as stated in Foster's book?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)