|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the church where the author is pastor?
(a) Newburg Friends Church.
(b) First Friends Church.
(c) Church of the Holy Cross.
(d) Quaker Memorial Church.
2. What is the author's profession?
(b) Medical doctor.
(c) Quaker pastor.
(d) Social worker.
3. What served as a guide for prayer for the author?
(a) His heart.
(b) The Bible.
(c) His parents.
(d) St. Francis of Assisi.
4. The author thinks that what sort of environment is good for meditation?
(a) The outdoors.
(b) One that is quiet and peaceful.
(c) A dark space.
5. What does the author say is NOT a requirement to understand the disciplines?
(a) Theoretical knowledge.
(b) Trust in God.
(c) Close friends.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when people truly pray, according to Christian belief?
2. In Christian belief, what is the source of human transformation?
3. What does the author say happens to people when they feel as if control is being lost?
4. The Discipline of Meditation says that meditation differs from the scriptures in what way?
5. What is the first of the disciplines?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)