|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say becomes an ingrained habit?
(a) Being lazy.
2. What is the name of the church where the author is pastor?
(a) Church of the Holy Cross.
(b) Quaker Memorial Church.
(c) Newburg Friends Church.
(d) First Friends Church.
3. According to The Discipline of Meditation, a person must overcome what in order to meditate effectively?
(b) The obstacles of the devil.
(c) Preconceived notions.
4. What served as a guide for prayer for the author?
(a) St. Francis of Assisi.
(b) The Bible.
(c) His heart.
(d) His parents.
5. According to the author, what are the two types of difficulties a person will face when practicing the spiritual disciplines?
(a) Mental and emotional.
(b) Mental and physical.
(c) Practical and emotional.
(d) Philosophical and practical.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to The Discipline of Meditation, what does meditation begin with?
2. According to the author, living the spiritual disciplines brings us closer to God and opens us up for His gift of __________.
3. The Discipline of Meditation says that meditation differs from the scriptures in what way?
4. Which of the following is the former missionary who prays over the author to have the hands of a writer?
5. Foster writes that Eastern meditation hopes to do what to the mind?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)