|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Prayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following was an influence on the author's writing?
(a) Pope John Paul II.
(b) His mother.
(c) His son.
(d) St. Francis of Assisi.
2. What is the author's relationship with Ken and Doris Boyce?
(a) They are his sister and brother-in-law.
(b) They are his biological parents.
(c) They are his children.
(d) They are the author's longtime friends and surrogate parents.
3. The author thinks that what sort of environment is good for meditation?
(a) The outdoors.
(b) A dark space.
(c) One that is quiet and peaceful.
4. What served as a guide for prayer for the author?
(a) His parents.
(b) The Bible.
(c) St. Francis of Assisi.
(d) His heart.
5. What does the author say is NOT a requirement to understand the disciplines?
(a) Close friends.
(b) Theoretical knowledge.
(c) Trust in God.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the book, Foster states that something happens to people when they think they have become "the right kind of person". What is it that happens to people?
2. As stated by the author, how can true prayer take place?
3. Foster indicates that one's imagination can be used more for good than for evil at what point?
4. How much longer was this edition written after its first publication?
5. What is the name of the church where the author is pastor?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)