|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Meditation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many spiritual disciplines does the author say there are?
2. In The Door to Liberations, how are ingrained habits conquered?
(b) God's grace.
(d) Legalistic discipline.
3. What is the name of the church where the author is pastor?
(a) Church of the Holy Cross.
(b) First Friends Church.
(c) Newburg Friends Church.
(d) Quaker Memorial Church.
4. What is the author's goal through this book?
(a) To share his own experiences.
(b) To guide people closer to God and remove barriers to spiritual growth.
(c) To help nonbelievers.
(d) To answer a prayer.
5. What does the author say happens to people when they feel as if control is being lost?
(a) They pray for control.
(b) They become fearful.
(c) They lash out at others.
(d) They relax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of the disciplines?
2. According to The Discipline of Meditation, a person must overcome what in order to meditate effectively?
3. What does the author say people should be careful to prevent from taking over their lives?
4. The Discipline of Meditation says that meditation differs from the scriptures in what way?
5. What company published this book?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)