|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Meditation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Christian belief, what is the source of human transformation?
(a) The soul.
(d) The mind.
2. According to Christian belief, what three things does a person need to consider before meeting with God in meditation?
(a) Time, place, and posture.
(b) Words, breaths, voice.
(c) Thoughts, worries, and fears.
(d) Why, when, where.
3. Who is the religion publisher?
(a) Richard Foster.
(b) Doris Boyce.
(c) Clayton Carlson.
(d) Bill Cathers.
4. What is the author's relationship with Ken and Doris Boyce?
(a) They are his children.
(b) They are his biological parents.
(c) They are the author's longtime friends and surrogate parents.
(d) They are his sister and brother-in-law.
5. What does the author say is NOT a requirement to understand the disciplines?
(a) A Bible.
(b) Close friends.
(c) Trust in God.
(d) Theoretical knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many categories of spiritual disciplines are there?
2. What is the first of the disciplines?
3. What is the name of the church where the author is pastor?
4. In the book, Foster states that something happens to people when they think they have become "the right kind of person". What is it that happens to people?
5. What does the author say makes it difficult for a person to explore the spiritual life?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)