|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Guidance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Foster writes that Eastern meditation hopes to do what to the mind?
(a) Transform it.
(b) Fill it up with knowledge.
(c) Empty it.
(d) Get rid of it.
2. What is the final step to confession, according to Christian belief?
(a) Telling all Christians you know.
(b) Writing it down.
(c) Thank God for forgiving.
(d) Avoid any temptations leading to that sin.
3. According to this chapter, we can find ways to serve God's people through what?
(a) Love and humility.
(b) Our actions.
(c) Our free time.
(d) Our professions.
4. In The Discipline of Solitude, solitude and what are mentioned as going hand-in-hand?
(a) Love for God.
5. The Discipline of Guidance states that what is the source of spiritual guidance?
(b) The mind.
(d) Our hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of the examination of the conscience, as stated by the author?
2. According to The Discipline of Meditation, what does meditation begin with?
3. Which of the following is the former missionary who prays over the author to have the hands of a writer?
4. According to the author, what must happen in order for a person to have healthy relationships?
5. According to Foster, what does being simple like God mean?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)