|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Guidance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many spiritual disciplines does the author say there are?
2. What is solitude, according to The Discipline of Solitude?
(a) Very undesirable.
(b) Living alone.
(c) Inner fulfillment.
(d) Just being on your own.
3. Who leads the call to submission, as stated in The Discipline of Submission?
(a) Our pastors.
(b) The Christian community.
(c) We do.
4. The apostle Paul says in the Bible that we are transformed through the renewal of what?
(a) The mind.
(c) Our communities.
5. What are the most important prayers as mentioned in The Discipline of Prayer?
(a) Those against evil.
(b) Those for ourselves.
(c) Those uttered by children.
(d) Those for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author say most people are afraid of meditation?
2. In The Discipline of Solitude, solitude and what are mentioned as going hand-in-hand?
3. According to this chapter, we can find ways to serve God's people through what?
4. What can be a freeing experience, according to Foster?
5. Who states that "the confession of evil works is the first beginning of good works"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)