|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Guidance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the book, Foster states that something happens to people when they think they have become "the right kind of person". What is it that happens to people?
(a) Pride takes over.
(b) They die.
(c) They ask for the wrong types of things.
(d) They become sinful.
2. What company published this book?
(a) Random House.
(b) Harper & Row.
(d) Wordsmith Press.
3. According to Christian belief, what does submission allow the person to do?
(a) Finally obey others who are right.
(b) Engage in a power struggle.
(c) Listen to other people.
(d) Give God more room in their lives.
4. According to Christian belief, why does Jesus want people to seek the truth?
(a) To spread all over the globe.
(b) He doesn't say this; St. Paul does.
(c) So they will see him for who he really is.
(d) Because the truth sets them free.
5. Foster writes that we should offer prayers to God for requests, as well as what?
(d) Prayers for healing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the author state that prayer needs to be a complicated process?
2. What is the first act of submission, according to Foster?
3. What was Jesus giving the disciples a chance to do?
4. What does the author say is NOT a requirement to understand the disciplines?
5. In the Old Testament, the theme is that wealth belongs to whom?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)