|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Guidance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does fasting seem to be a desirable goal in the secular world, according to The Discipline of Fasting?
(a) People want to be more spiritual.
(b) It helps us get closer to God.
(c) There is a focus on weight and health.
(d) The author is not clear.
2. According to the author, living the spiritual disciplines brings us closer to God and opens us up for His gift of __________.
3. According to the author, what keeps a person from confession?
(d) The devil.
4. According to The Discipline of Meditation, a person must overcome what in order to meditate effectively?
(b) Preconceived notions.
(d) The obstacles of the devil.
5. What must be paired along with guidance, according to Foster?
(c) The Grace of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following was an influence on the author's writing?
2. What does the author say makes it difficult for a person to explore the spiritual life?
3. According to the author, what are the two types of difficulties a person will face when practicing the spiritual disciplines?
4. According to The Discipline of Confession, what are the two sides to confession?
5. According to The Discipline of Submission, what is lauded in our modern culture?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)