|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Guidance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the examination of the conscience, as stated by the author?
(a) To get to know ourselves better.
(b) To get rid of our sins.
(c) To ask God to open our minds.
(d) To deny the things we have done wrong.
2. During fasting, the close bond between fasting and what becomes clear, according to Foster?
3. According to Christian belief, why does Jesus want people to seek the truth?
(a) Because the truth sets them free.
(b) He doesn't say this; St. Paul does.
(c) So they will see him for who he really is.
(d) To spread all over the globe.
4. How is spiritual study different from academic study?
(a) Academic study is more difficult than spiritual study.
(b) Spiritual study is about using the information properly as tools to grow closer to God.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) There is no difference.
5. Using words to control becomes what, according to The Discipline of Silence?
(a) True respect.
(c) A means of God's power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's goal through this book?
2. What is the author's profession?
3. According to the author, which is the most abused of the disciplines?
4. According to Foster, what does being simple like God mean?
5. What was Jesus giving the disciples a chance to do?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)