|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Fasting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Christian belief, it is important to pray like who?
(a) Each other.
(b) Mary, mother of Jesus.
(c) A child.
2. Who of the following was an influence on the author's writing?
(a) Pope John Paul II.
(b) His mother.
(c) St. Francis of Assisi.
(d) His son.
3. What is the first of the disciplines?
4. According to the author, living the spiritual disciplines brings us closer to God and opens us up for His gift of __________.
5. What is the purpose of modern fasting?
(a) To grow in communion with Jesus.
(b) To connect with God.
(c) For political or power-driven purposes.
(d) Spiritual growth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the former missionary who prays over the author to have the hands of a writer?
2. What will happen, according to Foster, once people become in communion with God?
3. How common was fasting in Biblical times?
4. What time of day should prayer be offered, according to the author?
5. According to the author, what are the two types of difficulties a person will face when practicing the spiritual disciplines?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)