|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Submission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Christian belief, what does submission allow the person to do?
(a) Give God more room in their lives.
(b) Finally obey others who are right.
(c) Engage in a power struggle.
(d) Listen to other people.
2. Why does fasting seem to be a desirable goal in the secular world, according to The Discipline of Fasting?
(a) People want to be more spiritual.
(b) It helps us get closer to God.
(c) The author is not clear.
(d) There is a focus on weight and health.
3. What does the author say happens to people when they feel as if control is being lost?
(a) They lash out at others.
(b) They relax.
(c) They become fearful.
(d) They pray for control.
4. Why should we buy things, according to the author?
(a) Because we need things.
(c) Because we really want things.
5. According to Christian belief, what does living a life of submission mean?
(a) Obeying others.
(b) Ignoring our own needs.
(c) Complying with the laws.
(d) Living responsibly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is NOT a requirement to understand the disciplines?
2. What is the definition of an "absolute fast"?
3. According to Christian belief, it is important to pray like who?
4. What does the author say makes it difficult for a person to explore the spiritual life?
5. What is the purpose of modern fasting?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)