|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Submission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says that happiness should NOT be based on what?
(b) How we are feeling.
(c) Whether or not we get our way.
(d) Our prayer life.
2. What is the author's goal through this book?
(a) To answer a prayer.
(b) To share his own experiences.
(c) To guide people closer to God and remove barriers to spiritual growth.
(d) To help nonbelievers.
3. In The Door to Liberations, how are ingrained habits conquered?
(a) Legalistic discipline.
(b) God's grace.
4. In Christian belief, what is the source of human transformation?
(a) The mind.
(c) The soul.
5. Does the author state that prayer needs to be a complicated process?
(a) It is unclear.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author begins to pray without what?
2. Why does fasting seem to be a desirable goal in the secular world, according to The Discipline of Fasting?
3. Why should we buy things, according to the author?
4. From the start, fasting needs to be what, according to Foster?
5. What does the author say makes it difficult for a person to explore the spiritual life?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)