|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Submission.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does fasting seem to be a desirable goal in the secular world, according to The Discipline of Fasting?
(a) It helps us get closer to God.
(b) There is a focus on weight and health.
(c) People want to be more spiritual.
(d) The author is not clear.
2. What does the author suggest we do if we have to use credit to buy something?
(a) Don't buy it.
(c) Have a witness.
(d) Check our credit scores.
3. What does the author say people should be careful to prevent from taking over their lives?
4. How common was fasting in Biblical times?
(a) It is unclear.
(c) It never happened.
(d) Very common.
5. As stated by the author, how can true prayer take place?
(a) It cannot.
(b) At any church, at any time.
(c) At the right place and time.
(d) It needs to become a way of life, not just an afterthought.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, which is the most abused of the disciplines?
2. Foster writes that we should offer prayers to God for requests, as well as what?
3. According to the author, living the spiritual disciplines brings us closer to God and opens us up for His gift of __________.
4. Under what circumstances does Jesus instruct his disciples to fast?
5. Which discipline is the least desirable to pursue, according to the author?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)