|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discipline of Worship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what must happen in order for a person to have healthy relationships?
(a) They must be raised in a healthy household.
(b) They must start dating.
(c) They must pray.
(d) They must learn how to be alone.
2. According to the writings in this book, should a person worship individually or as a group?
(a) It is unclear.
3. Foster says that true prayer requires what of us?
(b) Love for God.
(c) To let go of our own will.
4. According to Christian theologians, what is "the dark night of the soul"?
(a) A type of deep breathing.
(b) A catch phrase.
(c) A state of meditation.
(d) A period of extreme stillness and solitude.
5. Who originally described the dark night of the soul?
(a) St. Augustine of Hippo.
(b) The author.
(d) Saint John of the Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Foster, when someone holds their words, what can God do?
2. What served as a guide for prayer for the author?
3. How does Foster think many people feel when they are silent?
4. What is loneliness, according to Foster?
5. According to Foster, who should be the object of worship?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)