|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip believe about Timothy?
(a) He is the smartest man Phillip knows.
(b) He has given up hope of rescue.
(c) He is older than he says he is.
(d) He has gone crazy.
2. In Chapter 7, what makes Phillip believe Timothy is holding something back?
(a) Timothy won't speak to him.
(b) He can hear Timothy fidgeting.
(c) Timothy is too cheerful.
(d) The tone of Timothy's voice.
3. In Chapter E11, what does Timothy bring to Phillip and place in his lap?
(b) A fishing pole.
4. When Timothy first goes to explore the island, why does Phillip panic?
(a) He is bitten by something.
(b) He is sure Timothy will kill him.
(c) He hears something growling.
(d) He is left alone on the beach.
5. In Chapter 8, whom does Phillip imagine he will have a tale to tell?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the tempest blows, why does Timothy have Phillip lie flat on the ground?
2. What do Timothy and Phillip make to help Phillip get from the campsite to the signal fire pile?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Timothy tell Phillip that Phillip must do?
4. What is a jumbi?
5. What does Timothy agree to stop calling Phillip, and call him his real name instead?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Timothy and Phillip wait for the tempest to hit the cay, Phillip feels slithering around his ankles. What causes this feeling?
2. Why does Timothy decide to teach Phillip how to fish?
3. What stops Phillip's sobbing when Timothy first leaves him to get langosta?
4. In Chapter 11, why does Phillip become nervous about Stew Cat's safety in Timothy's company?
5. In Chapter 13, after Phillip learns to fish, what evidence is there that Phillip is growing more confident?
6. In Chapter 14, how do Timothy and Phillip know a tempest is on the way?
7. Why is Phillip angry the first time Timothy goes to find langosta for their dinner?
8. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be his main danger as he makes his way along the poles planted in the reef to the fishing hole?
9. What are three steps Timothy and Phillip take to prepare themselves for the tempest?
10. What is a langosta?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)