|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy make for Phillip to help him get around?
(b) Guide ropes that circle the island.
(c) Wooden chimes to signal he is near the water.
(d) A cane.
2. In Chapter 13, what causes Phillip to almost fall into the fishing hole?
(a) He jumps up and down when Timothy catches a fish.
(b) He slips on a rock.
(c) He steps on a sea urchin.
(d) Pulling on a stubborn mussel.
3. In Chapter Twelve, when does Timothy's fever finally break?
(c) Early evening.
4. In Chapter E11, what does Timothy bring to Phillip and place in his lap?
(d) A fishing pole.
5. When Timothy first goes to explore the island, why does Phillip panic?
(a) He hears something growling.
(b) He is bitten by something.
(c) He is sure Timothy will kill him.
(d) He is left alone on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Timothy sure will change?
2. How do Timothy and Phillip feel when Phillip catches a fish?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy put on top of the hut?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip realize Timothy has been making for him?
5. In Chapter 13, upon first arriving at the fishing hole, what does Timothy have Phillip do?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Timothy and Phillip wait for the tempest to hit the cay, Phillip feels slithering around his ankles. What causes this feeling?
2. What is the Devil's Mouth?
3. What is a langosta?
4. Where does Timothy take Phillip to teach him to fish?
5. After Timothy's fever breaks and he is able to return to the campsite, what two observations about Timothy does Phillip make?
6. How do Phillip and Timothy mark the passing of time on the island?
7. What stops Phillip's sobbing when Timothy first leaves him to get langosta?
8. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be his main danger as he makes his way along the poles planted in the reef to the fishing hole?
9. In Chapter 9, why does Timothy and Phillip tear vines down from the north end of the island?
10. In Chapter 12, what are the symptoms Timothy exhibits when he tells Phillip he has malaria?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)