|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip realize Timothy has been making for him?
(a) Fishing hooks.
(b) A spear.
(c) His own hut.
(d) A cot.
2. How deep is the water in the fishing hole?
(a) 20 feet deep.
(b) 50 feet deep.
(c) 8 feet deep.
(d) 4 feet deep.
3. What does Phillip cover Timothy with when he shivers due to his illness?
(a) Grape leaves.
(b) A piece of sail cloth.
(c) Palm fronds.
4. In Chapter 9, what does Timothy insist Phillip help him make?
(a) A new raft.
(b) A water collection system.
(c) The hut.
(d) Phillip's sleeping mat.
5. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Timothy sure will change?
(a) The number of fish around the island.
(b) The weather.
(c) Phillip's attitude.
(d) Their luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Timothy and Phillip make to help Phillip get from the campsite to the signal fire pile?
2. What does Timothy agree to stop calling Phillip, and call him his real name instead?
3. While on the island, what serious illness does Timothy come down with?
4. In Chapter 8, after going to get langosta, why does Timothy groan?
5. Why do Timothy and Phillip eat a large meal before the tempest hits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Timothy decide to teach Phillip how to fish?
2. In Chapter 13, after Phillip learns to fish, what evidence is there that Phillip is growing more confident?
3. In Chapter 9, why does Timothy and Phillip tear vines down from the north end of the island?
4. When Timothy contracts malaria, why isn't Phillip able to stop him from leaving the campsite and going to the beach?
5. In Chapter 12, what are the symptoms Timothy exhibits when he tells Phillip he has malaria?
6. After Timothy's fever breaks and he is able to return to the campsite, what two observations about Timothy does Phillip make?
7. What does the hut Timothy builds on the island look like?
8. Where does Timothy take Phillip to teach him to fish?
9. When Timothy confesses to Phillip that he thinks they are in the Devil's Mouth, why does he tell Phillip that he still believes they will be rescued, even though it will be difficult for ships to come near the island?
10. Why is Phillip angry the first time Timothy goes to find langosta for their dinner?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)