|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip realize Timothy has been making for him?
(a) A cot.
(b) His own hut.
(c) A spear.
(d) Fishing hooks.
2. How long are Phillip and Timothy on the island before it rains for the first time?
(a) One week.
(b) A month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. In Chapter 8, after going to get langosta, why does Timothy groan?
(a) The hut has fallen down.
(b) He is in pain.
(c) Phillip has fallen and hurt himself.
(d) He didn't get any langosta.
4. When does the rain begin to fall, signaling the beginning of the tempest?
(a) As night falls.
(b) Around noon.
(c) At dawn.
(d) Late at night.
5. What does Timothy agree to stop calling Phillip, and call him his real name instead?
(c) Young Boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Timothy use to make fishing line?
2. In Chapter Twelve, when does Timothy's fever finally break?
3. What did Timothy keep off the island while he chased away the jumbi?
4. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Timothy sure will change?
5. In Chapter 10, who doesn't like the rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be his main danger as he makes his way along the poles planted in the reef to the fishing hole?
2. How do Phillip and Timothy mark the passing of time on the island?
3. Why does Timothy plan to keep a constant small fire burning at their campsite?
4. In Chapter 12, what are the symptoms Timothy exhibits when he tells Phillip he has malaria?
5. Why does Timothy decide to teach Phillip how to fish?
6. After Timothy's fever breaks and he is able to return to the campsite, what two observations about Timothy does Phillip make?
7. When Timothy confesses to Phillip that he thinks they are in the Devil's Mouth, why does he tell Phillip that he still believes they will be rescued, even though it will be difficult for ships to come near the island?
8. When Timothy contracts malaria, why isn't Phillip able to stop him from leaving the campsite and going to the beach?
9. What is a langosta?
10. In Chapter 14, how do Timothy and Phillip know a tempest is on the way?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)