|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip realize Timothy has been making for him?
(a) Fishing hooks.
(b) A cot.
(c) His own hut.
(d) A spear.
2. At what age does Timothy tell Phillip he began working on fishing boats?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy put on top of the hut?
(a) A sun roof.
(b) A carving of a cat.
(c) A lightning rod.
4. In Chapter 7, what makes Phillip believe Timothy is holding something back?
(a) The tone of Timothy's voice.
(b) He can hear Timothy fidgeting.
(c) Timothy won't speak to him.
(d) Timothy is too cheerful.
5. What method do Timothy and Phillip use to mark time on the island?
(a) They drop pebbles in a can.
(b) They do not mark time.
(c) The carve notches on a tree.
(d) They line rocks up on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape does Timothy say the island is?
2. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be the main problem with Phillip traveling to the reef on his own?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy tell Phillip he was doing on the north shore?
4. What does Phillip note about Timothy following his illness?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy make for Phillip to help him get around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Timothy take Phillip to teach him to fish?
2. When Timothy contracts malaria, why isn't Phillip able to stop him from leaving the campsite and going to the beach?
3. After the hut is blown away in the tempest, what does Timothy do to protect Phillip from the storm?
4. What is a langosta?
5. In Chapter 12, what are the symptoms Timothy exhibits when he tells Phillip he has malaria?
6. How do Phillip and Timothy mark the passing of time on the island?
7. In Chapter 14, how do Timothy and Phillip know a tempest is on the way?
8. What are three steps Timothy and Phillip take to prepare themselves for the tempest?
9. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be his main danger as he makes his way along the poles planted in the reef to the fishing hole?
10. When Timothy confesses to Phillip that he thinks they are in the Devil's Mouth, why does he tell Phillip that he still believes they will be rescued, even though it will be difficult for ships to come near the island?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)