|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter E11, what does Timothy bring to Phillip and place in his lap?
(d) A fishing pole.
2. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy tell Phillip he was doing on the north shore?
(c) Cutting fire wood.
(d) Looking for ships.
3. In Chapter 12, when Timothy stumbles out of the hut while ill, where does Phillip find him?
(a) In the water.
(b) By the signal fire.
(c) On the raft.
(d) By the fishing hole.
4. When the tempest ends, what does Phillip notice about Timothy's back?
(a) It has been flayed to ribbons.
(b) It has a few bruises.
(c) There is one large cut on it.
(d) It is very strong.
5. How does Phillip know when it is late May?
(a) He does not know.
(b) There are 48 notches on the tree.
(c) There are 48 rocks lined up on the beach.
(d) There are 48 pebbles in the can.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be the main problem with Phillip traveling to the reef on his own?
2. What does Timothy make the hut out of?
3. What is a langosta?
4. What is a jumbi?
5. In Chapter 8, how old does Timothy admit he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Timothy confesses to Phillip that he thinks they are in the Devil's Mouth, why does he tell Phillip that he still believes they will be rescued, even though it will be difficult for ships to come near the island?
2. In Chapter 9, why does Timothy and Phillip tear vines down from the north end of the island?
3. What is a langosta?
4. Where does Timothy take Phillip to teach him to fish?
5. After Timothy's fever breaks and he is able to return to the campsite, what two observations about Timothy does Phillip make?
6. In Chapter 12, what are the symptoms Timothy exhibits when he tells Phillip he has malaria?
7. In Chapter 13, after Phillip learns to fish, what evidence is there that Phillip is growing more confident?
8. Why does Timothy decide to teach Phillip how to fish?
9. What does Timothy tell Phillip to try to convince him that, despite his blindness, Phillip will be able to weave a sleeping mat?
10. After the hut is blown away in the tempest, what does Timothy do to protect Phillip from the storm?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)