|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phillip cover Timothy with when he shivers due to his illness?
(a) Grape leaves.
(b) A piece of sail cloth.
(c) Palm fronds.
2. In Chapter 11, what does Phillip realize Timothy is trying to make him?
3. What do the rains of the tempest feel like to Phillip?
(b) Soft taps.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Phillip believe has become of his mother?
(a) He believes she has returned to Virginia.
(b) He believes she is dead.
(c) He believes she is on the other side of the island.
(d) He believes she is safe.
5. What does Timothy agree to stop calling Phillip, and call him his real name instead?
(a) Young Boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phillip discovers Timothy is dead, who or what comes to him?
2. What method do Timothy and Phillip use to mark time on the island?
3. What does Timothy use to make fishing line?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy tell Phillip he was doing on the north shore?
5. How big is the hut Timothy builds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a langosta?
2. Where does Timothy take Phillip to teach him to fish?
3. What does the hut Timothy builds on the island look like?
4. How do Phillip and Timothy mark the passing of time on the island?
5. What is the Devil's Mouth?
6. When Timothy confesses to Phillip that he thinks they are in the Devil's Mouth, why does he tell Phillip that he still believes they will be rescued, even though it will be difficult for ships to come near the island?
7. Why is Phillip angry the first time Timothy goes to find langosta for their dinner?
8. In Chapter 9, why does Timothy and Phillip tear vines down from the north end of the island?
9. In Chapter 11, why does Phillip become nervous about Stew Cat's safety in Timothy's company?
10. Why does Timothy plan to keep a constant small fire burning at their campsite?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)