|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Timothy and Phillip feel when Phillip catches a fish?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Timothy tell Phillip that Phillip must do?
(a) Learn to fish.
(b) Learn to build a hut.
(c) Leave the island.
(d) Catch his own langosta.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Timothy insist Phillip help him make?
(a) A water collection system.
(b) The hut.
(c) Phillip's sleeping mat.
(d) A new raft.
4. When Timothy first goes to explore the island, why does Phillip panic?
(a) He is left alone on the beach.
(b) He is bitten by something.
(c) He hears something growling.
(d) He is sure Timothy will kill him.
5. What does Phillip note about Timothy following his illness?
(a) He never fully regains his strength.
(b) He is stronger than ever.
(c) He is fearful.
(d) His personality changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How deep is the water in the fishing hole?
2. What does Timothy use to make sinkers?
3. In Chapter 8, whom does Phillip imagine he will have a tale to tell?
4. Why doesn't Timothy want Phillip to go to the reef with him at first?
5. What did Timothy keep off the island while he chased away the jumbi?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why does Phillip become nervous about Stew Cat's safety in Timothy's company?
2. What does the hut Timothy builds on the island look like?
3. Why is Phillip angry the first time Timothy goes to find langosta for their dinner?
4. How do Phillip and Timothy mark the passing of time on the island?
5. In Chapter 9, why does Timothy and Phillip tear vines down from the north end of the island?
6. What does Timothy tell Phillip to try to convince him that, despite his blindness, Phillip will be able to weave a sleeping mat?
7. What are three steps Timothy and Phillip take to prepare themselves for the tempest?
8. When Timothy contracts malaria, why isn't Phillip able to stop him from leaving the campsite and going to the beach?
9. When Timothy confesses to Phillip that he thinks they are in the Devil's Mouth, why does he tell Phillip that he still believes they will be rescued, even though it will be difficult for ships to come near the island?
10. In Chapter 12, what are the symptoms Timothy exhibits when he tells Phillip he has malaria?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)