|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy put on top of the hut?
(a) A lightning rod.
(b) A carving of a cat.
(c) A sun roof.
2. When Timothy recovers from his illness, what doesn't he recall doing?
(a) Phillip's name.
(b) Yelling at Phillip.
(c) Going down to the beach.
(d) The shipwreck.
3. What does Timothy smash with a rock to make Phillip's first trip along the reef safer?
(a) Mussel shells.
(b) Sea urchins.
(c) Sharp rocks.
4. In Chapter 12, when Timothy stumbles out of the hut while ill, where does Phillip find him?
(a) By the fishing hole.
(b) By the signal fire.
(c) In the water.
(d) On the raft.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy make for Phillip to help him get around?
(b) Wooden chimes to signal he is near the water.
(c) Guide ropes that circle the island.
(d) A cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phillip note about Timothy following his illness?
2. What does Timothy do to mark a path for Phillip along the reef?
3. What do Timothy and Phillip make to help Phillip get from the campsite to the signal fire pile?
4. How do Timothy and Phillip feel when Phillip catches a fish?
5. Why does Timothy think people have different colors of skin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Timothy tell Phillip to try to convince him that, despite his blindness, Phillip will be able to weave a sleeping mat?
2. What is the Devil's Mouth?
3. Why does Timothy plan to keep a constant small fire burning at their campsite?
4. Where does Timothy take Phillip to teach him to fish?
5. As Timothy and Phillip wait for the tempest to hit the cay, Phillip feels slithering around his ankles. What causes this feeling?
6. Why does Timothy decide to teach Phillip how to fish?
7. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be his main danger as he makes his way along the poles planted in the reef to the fishing hole?
8. What are three steps Timothy and Phillip take to prepare themselves for the tempest?
9. What stops Phillip's sobbing when Timothy first leaves him to get langosta?
10. What does the hut Timothy builds on the island look like?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)