|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Timothy and Phillip make to help Phillip get from the campsite to the signal fire pile?
(a) A fence.
(b) A stone path.
(c) A rope.
2. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip believe about Timothy?
(a) He has given up hope of rescue.
(b) He is the smartest man Phillip knows.
(c) He is older than he says he is.
(d) He has gone crazy.
3. When Timothy recovers from his illness, what doesn't he recall doing?
(a) Phillip's name.
(b) Yelling at Phillip.
(c) The shipwreck.
(d) Going down to the beach.
4. In Chapter 7, when Timothy tells Phillip he isn't sure where they are, what does Phillip think of Timothy?
(a) He is very intelligent.
(b) He has poor eyesight.
(c) He must have gone crazy.
(d) He must be a stupid black man.
5. As the tempest blows, why does Timothy have Phillip lie flat on the ground?
(a) So he won't fall in the water.
(b) So he won't get hit by a falling tree.
(c) The hut has blown away.
(d) To avoid the rising waters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the tempest ends, what does Phillip notice about Timothy's back?
2. What shape does Timothy say the island is?
3. When Phillip discovers Timothy is dead, who or what comes to him?
4. In Chapter 8, whom does Phillip imagine he will have a tale to tell?
5. In Chapter 7, what makes Phillip believe Timothy is holding something back?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Timothy and Phillip wait for the tempest to hit the cay, Phillip feels slithering around his ankles. What causes this feeling?
2. In Chapter 9, why does Timothy and Phillip tear vines down from the north end of the island?
3. In Chapter 13, after Phillip learns to fish, what evidence is there that Phillip is growing more confident?
4. What does Timothy tell Phillip to try to convince him that, despite his blindness, Phillip will be able to weave a sleeping mat?
5. After the hut is blown away in the tempest, what does Timothy do to protect Phillip from the storm?
6. Why does Timothy plan to keep a constant small fire burning at their campsite?
7. When Timothy contracts malaria, why isn't Phillip able to stop him from leaving the campsite and going to the beach?
8. Why is Phillip angry the first time Timothy goes to find langosta for their dinner?
9. Where does Timothy take Phillip to teach him to fish?
10. In Chapter 12, what are the symptoms Timothy exhibits when he tells Phillip he has malaria?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)