|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Timothy think people have different colors of skin?
(a) For the same reason fish and flowers come in different colors.
(b) Because people are all different.
(c) Because some skin colors are better than others.
(d) Because of the parts of the world they live in.
2. In Chapter 13, what causes Phillip to almost fall into the fishing hole?
(a) He jumps up and down when Timothy catches a fish.
(b) He steps on a sea urchin.
(c) He slips on a rock.
(d) Pulling on a stubborn mussel.
3. In Chapter 7, what makes Phillip believe Timothy is holding something back?
(a) Timothy won't speak to him.
(b) Timothy is too cheerful.
(c) He can hear Timothy fidgeting.
(d) The tone of Timothy's voice.
4. Why do Timothy and Phillip eat a large meal before the tempest hits?
(a) The fish may not return for a week.
(b) They are very hungry from preparing for the storm.
(c) They need to use up the food they have stored.
(d) The food is about to spoil.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Timothy say to Phillip to calm his fears?
(a) He can see another island.
(b) There is nothing to fear on the island.
(c) He can see a ship.
(d) There is plenty of food and water on the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Timothy suggest they can get more drinking water?
2. In Chapter 10, who doesn't like the rain?
3. How long are Phillip and Timothy on the island before it rains for the first time?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Timothy tell Phillip that Phillip must do?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip realize Timothy has been making for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three steps Timothy and Phillip take to prepare themselves for the tempest?
2. In Chapter 7, what makes Phillip believe Timothy is holding something back from him as he tells Phillip about the island they are on and their prospects of being rescued?
3. Why does Timothy decide to teach Phillip how to fish?
4. What stops Phillip's sobbing when Timothy first leaves him to get langosta?
5. In Chapter 14, how do Timothy and Phillip know a tempest is on the way?
6. In Chapter 13, after Phillip learns to fish, what evidence is there that Phillip is growing more confident?
7. What is a langosta?
8. After Timothy's fever breaks and he is able to return to the campsite, what two observations about Timothy does Phillip make?
9. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be his main danger as he makes his way along the poles planted in the reef to the fishing hole?
10. When Phillip tells Timothy that his mother doesn't like black people and asks Timothy why, what is Timothy's response?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)