|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, when Timothy stumbles out of the hut while ill, where does Phillip find him?
(a) By the fishing hole.
(b) In the water.
(c) On the raft.
(d) By the signal fire.
2. What does Timothy use to make sinkers?
(a) Pieces of wood.
(d) Rusty bolts.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip realize Timothy has been making for him?
(a) A spear.
(b) A cot.
(c) Fishing hooks.
(d) His own hut.
4. What method do Timothy and Phillip use to mark time on the island?
(a) They drop pebbles in a can.
(b) They do not mark time.
(c) They line rocks up on the beach.
(d) The carve notches on a tree.
5. What does Timothy smash with a rock to make Phillip's first trip along the reef safer?
(a) Sea urchins.
(b) Mussel shells.
(d) Sharp rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy make for Phillip to help him get around?
2. How big is the hut Timothy builds?
3. In Chapter 13, what causes Phillip to almost fall into the fishing hole?
4. What does Phillip note about Timothy following his illness?
5. Why do Timothy and Phillip lose consciousness during the tempest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be his main danger as he makes his way along the poles planted in the reef to the fishing hole?
2. In Chapter 9, why does Timothy and Phillip tear vines down from the north end of the island?
3. In Chapter 14, how do Timothy and Phillip know a tempest is on the way?
4. Why does Timothy plan to keep a constant small fire burning at their campsite?
5. What does the hut Timothy builds on the island look like?
6. In Chapter 12, what are the symptoms Timothy exhibits when he tells Phillip he has malaria?
7. In Chapter 11, why does Phillip become nervous about Stew Cat's safety in Timothy's company?
8. In Chapter 13, after Phillip learns to fish, what evidence is there that Phillip is growing more confident?
9. What is the Devil's Mouth?
10. When Timothy confesses to Phillip that he thinks they are in the Devil's Mouth, why does he tell Phillip that he still believes they will be rescued, even though it will be difficult for ships to come near the island?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)