|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip believe about Timothy?
(a) He is the smartest man Phillip knows.
(b) He is older than he says he is.
(c) He has gone crazy.
(d) He has given up hope of rescue.
2. How does Phillip know when it is late May?
(a) There are 48 notches on the tree.
(b) There are 48 pebbles in the can.
(c) He does not know.
(d) There are 48 rocks lined up on the beach.
3. How many feet out on the reef is the fishing hole?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
4. Why do ships avoid the Devil's Mouth?
(a) It is enemy territory.
(b) The waters are shark-infested.
(c) There are dangerous reefs there.
(d) There is nothing there to see.
5. What does Phillip cover Timothy with when he shivers due to his illness?
(a) Grape leaves.
(b) Palm fronds.
(c) A piece of sail cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, whom does Phillip imagine he will have a tale to tell?
2. In Chapter 10, whom does Phillip tell Timothy his mother does not like?
3. At what age does Timothy tell Phillip he began working on fishing boats?
4. When Timothy first goes to explore the island, why does Phillip panic?
5. When Timothy recovers from his illness, what doesn't he recall doing?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)