|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip believe about Timothy?
(a) He has gone crazy.
(b) He is the smartest man Phillip knows.
(c) He is older than he says he is.
(d) He has given up hope of rescue.
2. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Timothy sure will change?
(a) Their luck.
(b) Phillip's attitude.
(c) The weather.
(d) The number of fish around the island.
3. Why doesn't Timothy want Phillip to go to the reef with him at first?
(a) He thinks there are people there.
(b) It is too dangerous.
(c) He doesn't want to share the fish.
(d) He is hiding treasure.
4. In Chapter 8, whom does Phillip imagine he will have a tale to tell?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His teacher.
5. In Chapter E11, what does Timothy bring to Phillip and place in his lap?
(c) A fishing pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape does Timothy say the island is?
2. When Timothy asks Phillip to help him write a message in the sand, what does Phillip discover?
3. How does Timothy suggest they can get more drinking water?
4. How does Timothy know that a tempest is on the way?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Timothy say to Phillip to calm his fears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be his main danger as he makes his way along the poles planted in the reef to the fishing hole?
2. What does the hut Timothy builds on the island look like?
3. In Chapter 12, what are the symptoms Timothy exhibits when he tells Phillip he has malaria?
4. What are three steps Timothy and Phillip take to prepare themselves for the tempest?
5. What is the Devil's Mouth?
6. As Timothy and Phillip wait for the tempest to hit the cay, Phillip feels slithering around his ankles. What causes this feeling?
7. How do Phillip and Timothy mark the passing of time on the island?
8. After the hut is blown away in the tempest, what does Timothy do to protect Phillip from the storm?
9. After Timothy's fever breaks and he is able to return to the campsite, what two observations about Timothy does Phillip make?
10. What does Timothy tell Phillip to try to convince him that, despite his blindness, Phillip will be able to weave a sleeping mat?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)