|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Timothy insist Phillip help him make?
(a) The hut.
(b) A water collection system.
(c) A new raft.
(d) Phillip's sleeping mat.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Phillip believe has become of his mother?
(a) He believes she has returned to Virginia.
(b) He believes she is safe.
(c) He believes she is on the other side of the island.
(d) He believes she is dead.
3. In Chapter 8, after going to get langosta, why does Timothy groan?
(a) The hut has fallen down.
(b) Phillip has fallen and hurt himself.
(c) He is in pain.
(d) He didn't get any langosta.
4. In Chapter 11, what does Phillip realize Timothy is trying to make him?
5. What shape does Timothy say the island is?
(a) Melon shaped.
(d) Long and narrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the tempest ends, what does Phillip notice about Timothy's back?
2. Why do Timothy and Phillip eat a large meal before the tempest hits?
3. What does Timothy use to make sinkers?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy make for Phillip to help him get around?
5. In Chapter 12, when Timothy stumbles out of the hut while ill, where does Phillip find him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, after Phillip learns to fish, what evidence is there that Phillip is growing more confident?
2. After Timothy's fever breaks and he is able to return to the campsite, what two observations about Timothy does Phillip make?
3. In Chapter 9, why does Timothy and Phillip tear vines down from the north end of the island?
4. In Chapter 12, what are the symptoms Timothy exhibits when he tells Phillip he has malaria?
5. How do Phillip and Timothy mark the passing of time on the island?
6. Where does Timothy take Phillip to teach him to fish?
7. In Chapter 14, how do Timothy and Phillip know a tempest is on the way?
8. Why does Timothy decide to teach Phillip how to fish?
9. Why does Timothy plan to keep a constant small fire burning at their campsite?
10. In Chapter 11, why does Phillip become nervous about Stew Cat's safety in Timothy's company?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)