|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the island, what serious illness does Timothy come down with?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
2. How does Timothy know that a tempest is on the way?
(a) The birds leave the island.
(b) The waves make a cracking noise.
(c) It gets very cold.
(d) There are no fish in the fishing hole.
3. When the tempest ends, what does Phillip notice about Timothy's back?
(a) There is one large cut on it.
(b) It has been flayed to ribbons.
(c) It has a few bruises.
(d) It is very strong.
4. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy put on top of the hut?
(a) A lightning rod.
(b) A carving of a cat.
(d) A sun roof.
5. When does the rain begin to fall, signaling the beginning of the tempest?
(a) As night falls.
(b) At dawn.
(c) Around noon.
(d) Late at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Timothy first goes to explore the island, why does Phillip panic?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip believe about Timothy?
3. Why doesn't Timothy want Phillip to go to the reef with him at first?
4. In Chapter 7, when Timothy tells Phillip he isn't sure where they are, what does Phillip think of Timothy?
5. How do Timothy and Phillip get coconuts in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Devil's Mouth?
2. Why does Timothy decide to teach Phillip how to fish?
3. What are three steps Timothy and Phillip take to prepare themselves for the tempest?
4. How do Phillip and Timothy mark the passing of time on the island?
5. What does Timothy tell Phillip to try to convince him that, despite his blindness, Phillip will be able to weave a sleeping mat?
6. Why is Phillip angry the first time Timothy goes to find langosta for their dinner?
7. When Timothy contracts malaria, why isn't Phillip able to stop him from leaving the campsite and going to the beach?
8. What is a langosta?
9. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be his main danger as he makes his way along the poles planted in the reef to the fishing hole?
10. After the hut is blown away in the tempest, what does Timothy do to protect Phillip from the storm?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)