|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, where does Timothy think he and Phillip will be better off?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) On the raft.
(d) On the island.
2. In Chapter 4, what does Timothy tell Phillip is temporary?
(a) Stew's illness.
(b) Their being stranded.
(c) Timothy's fever.
(d) Phillip's blindness.
3. Who is Stew?
(a) The cook's cat.
(b) Timothy's cat.
(c) The cook.
(d) The captain's dog.
4. In Chapter 4, how old does Timothy tell Phillip he is?
(a) Upwards of 60.
(b) Upwards of 80.
(c) Around 30.
5. On what island are Phillip and his parents living when the book starts?
(c) Bikini Islands.
(d) St. Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how much water does Timothy give Phillip when he first asks for it?
2. How long has Phillip's family lived on the island as the book begins?
3. How does Grace feel about living on the island?
4. How many passengers board the ship with Phillip and his mother to leave the island?
5. What ship do Phillip and his mother board to leave the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Phillip realizes he is blind, what story does Timothy tell him to attempt to soothe him?
2. Why does Phillip, Sr. say that Grace and Phillip should not leave Curacao?
3. On the first night Timothy and Phillip are on the raft, what does Phillip think about as he lays looking at the stars?
4. In Chapter 2, what actions do Phillip and Grace take to stay safe from the Germans?
5. When the S.S. Empire Tern is sunk, what does Philip realize about the crew that was on board?
6. Why does Timothy order Phillip to crawl around the raft, not walk?
7. What activity do Phillip and Henrik often engage in when they visit the harbor?
8. What does Timothy say the island he spots looks like?
9. What information does Timothy provide Phillip about himself when Phillip asks where Timothy comes from?
10. Why did Phillip's family move to Curacao?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)