|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Timothy act when he is ill in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Phillip decide that Timothy chose a high spot to build their campsite on?
(a) In case a storm caused the waters to rise.
(b) Timothy doesn't like the beach.
(c) For a better view.
(d) It is a sunnier spot.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Timothy do when Phillip calls him a stupid, ugly black man?
(a) Timothy agrees.
(b) Timothy slaps Phillip.
(c) Timothy cries.
(d) Timothy leaves the campsite in a huff.
4. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy tell Phillip he was doing on the north shore?
(c) Cutting fire wood.
(d) Looking for ships.
5. What does Timothy build on a forty foot rise near the palm trees?
(a) A signal fire.
(b) Their campsite.
(c) A statue.
(d) A trap.
6. In Chapter 9, what does Timothy insist Phillip help him make?
(a) A water collection system.
(b) Phillip's sleeping mat.
(c) The hut.
(d) A new raft.
7. In Chapter 10, who doesn't like the rain?
(a) The langosta.
8. In Chapter E11, what does Timothy bring to Phillip and place in his lap?
(c) A fishing pole.
9. Why doesn't Timothy want Phillip to go to the reef with him at first?
(a) He thinks there are people there.
(b) It is too dangerous.
(c) He doesn't want to share the fish.
(d) He is hiding treasure.
10. When does the rain begin to fall, signaling the beginning of the tempest?
(a) At dawn.
(b) Late at night.
(c) Around noon.
(d) As night falls.
11. In Chapter Twelve, when does Timothy's fever finally break?
(a) Early evening.
12. Why do Timothy and Phillip eat a large meal before the tempest hits?
(a) They need to use up the food they have stored.
(b) They are very hungry from preparing for the storm.
(c) The food is about to spoil.
(d) The fish may not return for a week.
13. When Phillip discovers Timothy is dead, who or what comes to him?
(a) The lizards.
(c) American sailors.
(d) An airplane.
14. How many feet out on the reef is the fishing hole?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
15. In Chapter 11, what can't Phillip find on the beach?
(b) The signal fire pile.
(d) The raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Phillip believe has become of his mother?
2. In Chapter 7, what makes Phillip believe Timothy is holding something back?
3. What method do Timothy and Phillip use to mark time on the island?
4. What does Timothy use to make sinkers?
5. What does Timothy do to mark a path for Phillip along the reef?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)