|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Phillip realize Timothy is trying to make him?
2. What did Timothy keep off the island while he chased away the jumbi?
3. As the tempest blows, why does Timothy have Phillip lie flat on the ground?
(a) The hut has blown away.
(b) So he won't fall in the water.
(c) To avoid the rising waters.
(d) So he won't get hit by a falling tree.
4. In Chapter 8, after going to get langosta, why does Timothy groan?
(a) Phillip has fallen and hurt himself.
(b) The hut has fallen down.
(c) He is in pain.
(d) He didn't get any langosta.
5. How does Timothy act when he is ill in Chapter 12?
6. In Chapter 13, upon first arriving at the fishing hole, what does Timothy have Phillip do?
(a) Feel along the edges of the fishing hole.
(b) Go back to the campsite.
(c) Take his shoes off.
(d) Jump in the fishing hole.
7. Why do Timothy and Phillip lose consciousness during the tempest?
(a) They are struck by flying debris.
(b) A wave crashes over their heads.
(c) They are frightened.
(d) A tree falls and hits them.
8. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip believe about Timothy?
(a) He has given up hope of rescue.
(b) He has gone crazy.
(c) He is older than he says he is.
(d) He is the smartest man Phillip knows.
9. How deep is the water in the fishing hole?
(a) 8 feet deep.
(b) 20 feet deep.
(c) 4 feet deep.
(d) 50 feet deep.
10. What does Timothy do to mark a path for Phillip along the reef?
(a) Plants poles in the reef.
(b) Strings wind chimes along the way to the reef.
(c) Makes a line of seashells along the reef.
(d) Makes a rock path along the reef.
11. What does Timothy agree to stop calling Phillip, and call him his real name instead?
(a) Young Boss.
12. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy make for Phillip to help him get around?
(b) A cane.
(c) Guide ropes that circle the island.
(d) Wooden chimes to signal he is near the water.
13. In Chapter 10, whom does Phillip tell Timothy his mother does not like?
(a) Black people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Chinese people.
14. What is a langosta?
(a) A type of shark.
(b) A clawless lobster.
(c) A large fish.
(d) An octopus.
15. In Chapter 9, what does Timothy do when Phillip calls him a stupid, ugly black man?
(a) Timothy slaps Phillip.
(b) Timothy agrees.
(c) Timothy cries.
(d) Timothy leaves the campsite in a huff.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Timothy tell Phillip he began working on fishing boats?
2. In Chapter 12, when Timothy stumbles out of the hut while ill, where does Phillip find him?
3. What method do Timothy and Phillip use to mark time on the island?
4. While on the island, what serious illness does Timothy come down with?
5. In Chapter E11, what does Timothy bring to Phillip and place in his lap?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)