|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phillip feel slithering around his feet as the tempest begins to hit?
2. How many feet out on the reef is the fishing hole?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
3. In Chapter 8, whom does Phillip imagine he will have a tale to tell?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His teacher.
4. Why doesn't Timothy want Phillip to go to the reef with him at first?
(a) He thinks there are people there.
(b) He is hiding treasure.
(c) He doesn't want to share the fish.
(d) It is too dangerous.
5. What do Timothy and Phillip make to help Phillip get from the campsite to the signal fire pile?
(a) A stone path.
(b) A rope.
(d) A fence.
6. What does Phillip learn to feel the direction of so he will know where to fish?
(a) The water.
(b) The wind.
(c) The movement of the fish.
(d) The sun.
7. What does Timothy agree to stop calling Phillip, and call him his real name instead?
(c) Young Boss.
8. In Chapter 9, what does Timothy do when Phillip calls him a stupid, ugly black man?
(a) Timothy cries.
(b) Timothy agrees.
(c) Timothy slaps Phillip.
(d) Timothy leaves the campsite in a huff.
9. What does Phillip cover Timothy with when he shivers due to his illness?
(a) Palm fronds.
(b) A piece of sail cloth.
(c) Grape leaves.
10. At what age does Timothy tell Phillip he began working on fishing boats?
11. How does Timothy act when he is ill in Chapter 12?
12. How does Timothy know that a tempest is on the way?
(a) There are no fish in the fishing hole.
(b) The waves make a cracking noise.
(c) The birds leave the island.
(d) It gets very cold.
13. What is a jumbi?
(a) A fish.
(b) A lucky spirit.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) A large wolf-like animal.
14. While on the island, what serious illness does Timothy come down with?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
15. In Chapter 8, after going to get langosta, why does Timothy groan?
(a) The hut has fallen down.
(b) He didn't get any langosta.
(c) He is in pain.
(d) Phillip has fallen and hurt himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy tell Phillip he was doing on the north shore?
2. What does Timothy use to make sinkers?
3. In Chapter 13, upon first arriving at the fishing hole, what does Timothy have Phillip do?
4. What does Timothy make the hut out of?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy make for Phillip to help him get around?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)