|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Timothy suggest they can get more drinking water?
(a) They can collect rainwater.
(b) They cannot get more drinking water.
(c) They can filter the sea water.
(d) They can crack open coconuts.
2. How do Timothy and Phillip feel when Phillip catches a fish?
3. How do Timothy and Phillip get coconuts in Chapter 13?
(a) They collect them off the beach.
(b) Timothy climbs a tree.
(c) Phillip climbs a tree.
(d) They throw rocks at the coconuts hanging from the tree.
4. What does Timothy agree to stop calling Phillip, and call him his real name instead?
(d) Young Boss.
5. How deep is the water in the fishing hole?
(a) 8 feet deep.
(b) 4 feet deep.
(c) 50 feet deep.
(d) 20 feet deep.
6. In Chapter 11, what does Phillip realize Timothy is trying to make him?
7. In Chapter 9, what does Timothy do when Phillip calls him a stupid, ugly black man?
(a) Timothy leaves the campsite in a huff.
(b) Timothy agrees.
(c) Timothy slaps Phillip.
(d) Timothy cries.
8. In Chapter 13, what causes Phillip to almost fall into the fishing hole?
(a) He jumps up and down when Timothy catches a fish.
(b) Pulling on a stubborn mussel.
(c) He slips on a rock.
(d) He steps on a sea urchin.
9. In Chapter Twelve, when does Timothy's fever finally break?
(a) Early evening.
10. What shape does Timothy say the island is?
(b) Long and narrow.
(d) Melon shaped.
11. In Chapter 8, whom does Phillip imagine he will have a tale to tell?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His teacher.
12. At what age does Timothy tell Phillip he began working on fishing boats?
13. How big is the hut Timothy builds?
(a) 8 feet wide and 8 feet long.
(b) 10 feet wide and 20 feet long.
(c) 6 feet wide and 8 feet long.
(d) 4 feet wide and 5 feet long.
14. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy tell Phillip he was doing on the north shore?
(c) Looking for ships.
(d) Cutting fire wood.
15. What does Timothy make the hut out of?
(b) Wood from the raft.
(c) Wood cut from the palm trees.
(d) Dried palm fronds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what makes Phillip believe Timothy is holding something back?
2. What does Phillip learn to feel the direction of so he will know where to fish?
3. What did Timothy keep off the island while he chased away the jumbi?
4. What does Timothy use to make fishing line?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Timothy tell Phillip that Phillip must do?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)