|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy tell Phillip he was doing on the north shore?
(c) Looking for ships.
(d) Cutting fire wood.
2. While on the island, what serious illness does Timothy come down with?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Timothy say to Phillip to calm his fears?
(a) There is nothing to fear on the island.
(b) There is plenty of food and water on the island.
(c) He can see another island.
(d) He can see a ship.
4. How big is the hut Timothy builds?
(a) 8 feet wide and 8 feet long.
(b) 6 feet wide and 8 feet long.
(c) 4 feet wide and 5 feet long.
(d) 10 feet wide and 20 feet long.
5. How do Timothy and Phillip feel when Phillip catches a fish?
6. When Timothy first goes to explore the island, why does Phillip panic?
(a) He hears something growling.
(b) He is sure Timothy will kill him.
(c) He is left alone on the beach.
(d) He is bitten by something.
7. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be the main problem with Phillip traveling to the reef on his own?
(a) Stepping on sea urchins.
(b) The risk of falling.
(c) He may get lost.
(d) The path is steep.
8. In Chapter 7, when Timothy tells Phillip he isn't sure where they are, what does Phillip think of Timothy?
(a) He must be a stupid black man.
(b) He has poor eyesight.
(c) He must have gone crazy.
(d) He is very intelligent.
9. What does Timothy smash with a rock to make Phillip's first trip along the reef safer?
(a) Sharp rocks.
(c) Mussel shells.
(d) Sea urchins.
10. When Timothy asks Phillip to help him write a message in the sand, what does Phillip discover?
(a) Timothy cannot read or write.
(b) Phillip has forgotten how to spell.
(c) There is nothing to write with.
(d) There are spiny urchins on the beach.
11. At what age does Timothy tell Phillip he began working on fishing boats?
12. In Chapter Twelve, when does Timothy's fever finally break?
(d) Early evening.
13. Why do Timothy and Phillip lose consciousness during the tempest?
(a) A wave crashes over their heads.
(b) They are struck by flying debris.
(c) They are frightened.
(d) A tree falls and hits them.
14. In Chapter E11, what does Timothy bring to Phillip and place in his lap?
(b) A fishing pole.
15. When the tempest ends, what does Phillip notice about Timothy's back?
(a) There is one large cut on it.
(b) It has a few bruises.
(c) It is very strong.
(d) It has been flayed to ribbons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Timothy and Phillip eat a large meal before the tempest hits?
2. In Chapter 15, why are Phillip and Timothy naked?
3. Why does Timothy think people have different colors of skin?
4. In Chapter 7, what makes Phillip believe Timothy is holding something back?
5. When Phillip discovers Timothy is dead, who or what comes to him?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)