|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Timothy and Phillip feel when Phillip catches a fish?
2. In Chapter 11, what can't Phillip find on the beach?
(a) The signal fire pile.
(c) The raft.
3. What does Timothy build on a forty foot rise near the palm trees?
(a) A trap.
(b) A signal fire.
(c) A statue.
(d) Their campsite.
4. In Chapter 12, as Timothy and Phillip return from the beach to their campsite, what does Timothy do for the first time?
(a) Tells Phillip where he is from.
(b) Leans on Phillip.
(c) Catches a langosta.
(d) Tells Phillip his real age.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Timothy tell Phillip that Phillip must do?
(a) Catch his own langosta.
(b) Learn to fish.
(c) Learn to build a hut.
(d) Leave the island.
6. In Chapter 10, who doesn't like the rain?
(d) The langosta.
7. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip believe about Timothy?
(a) He has gone crazy.
(b) He is older than he says he is.
(c) He is the smartest man Phillip knows.
(d) He has given up hope of rescue.
8. Why do Timothy and Phillip eat a large meal before the tempest hits?
(a) The fish may not return for a week.
(b) They need to use up the food they have stored.
(c) The food is about to spoil.
(d) They are very hungry from preparing for the storm.
9. How deep is the water in the fishing hole?
(a) 50 feet deep.
(b) 8 feet deep.
(c) 4 feet deep.
(d) 20 feet deep.
10. In Chapter Twelve, when does Timothy's fever finally break?
(b) Early evening.
11. At what age does Timothy tell Phillip he began working on fishing boats?
12. In Chapter 10, whom does Phillip tell Timothy his mother does not like?
(a) Black people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Chinese people.
13. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip realize Timothy has been making for him?
(a) A cot.
(b) His own hut.
(c) Fishing hooks.
(d) A spear.
14. What does Phillip learn to feel the direction of so he will know where to fish?
(a) The wind.
(b) The water.
(c) The sun.
(d) The movement of the fish.
15. While on the island, what serious illness does Timothy come down with?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy make for Phillip to help him get around?
2. In Chapter 15, why are Phillip and Timothy naked?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Phillip believe has become of his mother?
4. How big is the hut Timothy builds?
5. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Timothy sure will change?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)