|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, whom does Phillip imagine he will have a tale to tell?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(d) His teacher.
2. While on the island, what serious illness does Timothy come down with?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
3. When Timothy first goes to explore the island, why does Phillip panic?
(a) He hears something growling.
(b) He is sure Timothy will kill him.
(c) He is left alone on the beach.
(d) He is bitten by something.
4. When Timothy recovers from his illness, what doesn't he recall doing?
(a) Going down to the beach.
(b) Yelling at Phillip.
(c) Phillip's name.
(d) The shipwreck.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Timothy say to Phillip to calm his fears?
(a) There is nothing to fear on the island.
(b) He can see a ship.
(c) There is plenty of food and water on the island.
(d) He can see another island.
6. In Chapter 9, what does Timothy insist Phillip help him make?
(a) Phillip's sleeping mat.
(b) A new raft.
(c) A water collection system.
(d) The hut.
7. How does Timothy act when he is ill in Chapter 12?
8. In Chapter 13, what causes Phillip to almost fall into the fishing hole?
(a) He jumps up and down when Timothy catches a fish.
(b) He slips on a rock.
(c) He steps on a sea urchin.
(d) Pulling on a stubborn mussel.
9. How do Timothy and Phillip get coconuts in Chapter 13?
(a) They throw rocks at the coconuts hanging from the tree.
(b) They collect them off the beach.
(c) Timothy climbs a tree.
(d) Phillip climbs a tree.
10. In Chapter 8, what does Phillip believe has become of his mother?
(a) He believes she is on the other side of the island.
(b) He believes she is safe.
(c) He believes she is dead.
(d) He believes she has returned to Virginia.
11. At what age does Timothy tell Phillip he began working on fishing boats?
12. What reason does Phillip give Timothy for being unable to help with the work?
(a) Work is for adults.
(b) Phillip doesn't want to.
(c) Phillip is blind.
(d) Phillip is too weak.
13. In Chapter 8, after going to get langosta, why does Timothy groan?
(a) He is in pain.
(b) He didn't get any langosta.
(c) The hut has fallen down.
(d) Phillip has fallen and hurt himself.
14. In Chapter E11, what does Timothy bring to Phillip and place in his lap?
(a) A fishing pole.
15. What is a langosta?
(a) A large fish.
(b) A type of shark.
(c) A clawless lobster.
(d) An octopus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Timothy know that a tempest is on the way?
2. What is a jumbi?
3. In Chapter 7, when Timothy tells Phillip he isn't sure where they are, what does Phillip think of Timothy?
4. What do the rains of the tempest feel like to Phillip?
5. When the tempest ends, what does Phillip notice about Timothy's back?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)