|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, upon first arriving at the fishing hole, what does Timothy have Phillip do?
(a) Go back to the campsite.
(b) Feel along the edges of the fishing hole.
(c) Jump in the fishing hole.
(d) Take his shoes off.
2. In Chapter 13, what causes Phillip to almost fall into the fishing hole?
(a) Pulling on a stubborn mussel.
(b) He slips on a rock.
(c) He jumps up and down when Timothy catches a fish.
(d) He steps on a sea urchin.
3. How deep is the water in the fishing hole?
(a) 8 feet deep.
(b) 50 feet deep.
(c) 20 feet deep.
(d) 4 feet deep.
4. What do Timothy and Phillip make to help Phillip get from the campsite to the signal fire pile?
(a) A rope.
(b) A stone path.
(d) A fence.
5. What method do Timothy and Phillip use to mark time on the island?
(a) The carve notches on a tree.
(b) They do not mark time.
(c) They line rocks up on the beach.
(d) They drop pebbles in a can.
6. When the tempest ends, what does Phillip notice about Timothy's back?
(a) It has a few bruises.
(b) There is one large cut on it.
(c) It has been flayed to ribbons.
(d) It is very strong.
7. At what age does Timothy tell Phillip he began working on fishing boats?
8. What does Timothy agree to stop calling Phillip, and call him his real name instead?
(b) Young Boss.
9. In Chapter 8, what does Phillip believe has become of his mother?
(a) He believes she is safe.
(b) He believes she is dead.
(c) He believes she is on the other side of the island.
(d) He believes she has returned to Virginia.
10. In Chapter 15, why are Phillip and Timothy naked?
(a) The storm took their clothes.
(b) Their clothes have become too dirty to wear.
(c) They've decided clothes aren't necessary.
(d) They are hot.
11. In Chapter 11, what does Phillip realize Timothy is trying to make him?
12. In Chapter 13, what does Timothy tell Phillip that Phillip must do?
(a) Catch his own langosta.
(b) Leave the island.
(c) Learn to fish.
(d) Learn to build a hut.
13. When Timothy first goes to explore the island, why does Phillip panic?
(a) He is sure Timothy will kill him.
(b) He is bitten by something.
(c) He hears something growling.
(d) He is left alone on the beach.
14. When Timothy recovers from his illness, what doesn't he recall doing?
(a) Yelling at Phillip.
(b) Going down to the beach.
(c) The shipwreck.
(d) Phillip's name.
15. What does Phillip cover Timothy with when he shivers due to his illness?
(b) Grape leaves.
(c) Palm fronds.
(d) A piece of sail cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phillip know when it is late May?
2. Why do Timothy and Phillip eat a large meal before the tempest hits?
3. In Chapter E11, what does Timothy bring to Phillip and place in his lap?
4. In Chapter 7, when Timothy tells Phillip he isn't sure where they are, what does Phillip think of Timothy?
5. What did Timothy keep off the island while he chased away the jumbi?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)