Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Timothy know that a tempest is on the way?
(a) It gets very cold.
(b) The waves make a cracking noise.
(c) The birds leave the island.
(d) There are no fish in the fishing hole.
2. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip realize Timothy has been making for him?
(a) A spear.
(b) A cot.
(c) Fishing hooks.
(d) His own hut.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy put on top of the hut?
(a) A lightning rod.
(b) A carving of a cat.
(c) A sun roof.
4. What does Timothy make the hut out of?
(a) Wood from the raft.
(c) Wood cut from the palm trees.
(d) Dried palm fronds.
5. In Chapter E11, what does Timothy bring to Phillip and place in his lap?
(b) A fishing pole.
6. In Chapter 8, whom does Phillip imagine he will have a tale to tell?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His teacher.
7. In Chapter 13, what does Phillip believe about Timothy?
(a) He has gone crazy.
(b) He has given up hope of rescue.
(c) He is older than he says he is.
(d) He is the smartest man Phillip knows.
8. Why do Timothy and Phillip eat a large meal before the tempest hits?
(a) They need to use up the food they have stored.
(b) The food is about to spoil.
(c) The fish may not return for a week.
(d) They are very hungry from preparing for the storm.
9. In Chapter Twelve, when does Timothy's fever finally break?
(d) Early evening.
10. What does Timothy agree to stop calling Phillip, and call him his real name instead?
(d) Young Boss.
11. In Chapter 10, whom does Phillip tell Timothy his mother does not like?
(a) Chinese people.
(b) Black people.
(c) Rich people.
12. What does Timothy do to mark a path for Phillip along the reef?
(a) Plants poles in the reef.
(b) Makes a rock path along the reef.
(c) Strings wind chimes along the way to the reef.
(d) Makes a line of seashells along the reef.
13. Why does Timothy think people have different colors of skin?
(a) Because people are all different.
(b) Because of the parts of the world they live in.
(c) Because some skin colors are better than others.
(d) For the same reason fish and flowers come in different colors.
14. What does Timothy smash with a rock to make Phillip's first trip along the reef safer?
(a) Sharp rocks.
(b) Sea urchins.
(d) Mussel shells.
15. In Chapter 12, when Timothy stumbles out of the hut while ill, where does Phillip find him?
(a) By the fishing hole.
(b) On the raft.
(c) By the signal fire.
(d) In the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is the hut Timothy builds?
2. When Phillip discovers Timothy is dead, who or what comes to him?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Phillip believe has become of his mother?
4. What does Timothy use to make fishing line?
5. What is a jumbi?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)