|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phillip hide under his makeshift bed on the couch?
(a) His baseball card collection.
(b) His report card.
(c) A gun.
(d) A hatchet.
2. Where do Phillip and Henrik often spend time playing pirates?
(a) In Henrik's basement.
(b) The harbor.
(c) In Phillip's back yard.
(d) The ancient fort.
3. In Chapter 4, how old does Timothy tell Phillip he is?
(b) Around 30.
(c) Upwards of 80.
(d) Upwards of 60.
4. In Chapter 4, what does Timothy tell Phillip is temporary?
(a) Phillip's blindness.
(b) Their being stranded.
(c) Stew's illness.
(d) Timothy's fever.
5. When the supply ships stop sailing, what are the islanders worried about running out of?
(a) Money and alcohol.
(b) Meat and grains.
(c) Coffee and sugar.
(d) Fresh water and vegetables.
6. Who is Grace?
(a) Phillip's mother.
(b) Phillip's sister.
(c) Henrik's mother.
(d) Phillip's teacher.
7. In Chapter 6, what does Timothy tell Phillip a man can do in these waters?
(a) Catch a lot of fish.
(b) Find treasure.
(c) Learn to swim.
8. In Chapter 5, while Phillip and Timothy are on the raft, what does Timothy spot in the sky?
(a) A flock of birds.
(b) Storm clouds.
(c) A comet.
(d) An airplane.
9. What does Timothy tell Phillip is missing from the cay?
(a) A source of water and inhabitants.
10. What is the charge against the Chinese crewmen who refuse to sail?
11. After the incident with the Tern, what doesn't Phillip find exciting anymore?
(d) The harbor.
12. In Chapter 3, how much water does Timothy give Phillip when he first asks for it?
(a) A tiny cup.
(b) A large cupful.
(c) One sip.
(d) As much as he can drink.
13. What is the last name of Phillip's friend, Henrik?
(a) Van Lipsen.
(b) Van Boven.
14. Who shows Phillip around the Tern?
(b) The captain.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
15. What type of ship is the S.S. Empire Tern?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A fishing trawler.
(c) A battleship.
(d) An armed tanker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phillip's father doing as Phillip and his mom leave the island?
2. What ship do Phillip and his mother board to leave the island?
3. In Chapter 5, whom does Timothy say is bad luck?
4. When the refinery shuts down, what are the Allies unable to get from the island?
5. In Chapter 6, where does Phillip think he and Timothy will be better off?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)