|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phillip learn to feel the direction of so he will know where to fish?
(a) The wind.
(b) The sun.
(c) The movement of the fish.
(d) The water.
2. What appeal does Phillip make to his mother when she says she wants to leave the island?
(a) To take Henrik with them.
(b) To get a dog when they return.
(c) To let him stay.
(d) To take his father with them.
3. In Chapter 16, how does Phillip tell time?
(a) By feeling the position of the sun.
(b) By the sound of the waves.
(c) By when Stew comes to him for food.
(d) With Timothy's old watch.
4. What shape does Timothy say the island is?
(b) Long and narrow.
(d) Melon shaped.
5. What is the name of the bridge that gives Phillip and Henrik a view of the harbor?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) Queen Emma Pontoon Bridge.
(c) Willemstad Bridge.
(d) Golden Gate Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends the S.S. Empire Tern to the island?
2. What is Phillip able to tell apart by the sounds they make?
3. When the second plane in Chapter 18 flies away, how does Phillip feel?
4. What causes the S.S. Hato to sink?
5. While on the island, what serious illness does Timothy come down with?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)