|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bridge that gives Phillip and Henrik a view of the harbor?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) Queen Emma Pontoon Bridge.
(d) Willemstad Bridge.
2. Upon returning to Curacao, whom does Phillip find he prefers to spend his time with?
(c) The black people on the island.
3. Where does Phillip tell Timothy he is from?
(a) St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands.
(b) New York City.
(d) New Orleans.
4. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Timothy sure will change?
(a) The weather.
(b) The number of fish around the island.
(c) Their luck.
(d) Phillip's attitude.
5. In Chapter 5, whom does Timothy say is bad luck?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Phillip realize Timothy is trying to make him?
2. What does Timothy smash with a rock to make Phillip's first trip along the reef safer?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Phillip believe protects him from his fear?
4. What does Phillip use to hone Timothy's knife?
5. On what island are Phillip and his parents living when the book starts?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)