|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Timothy use to make sinkers?
(b) Pieces of wood.
(c) Rusty bolts.
2. In Chapter 12, as Timothy and Phillip return from the beach to their campsite, what does Timothy do for the first time?
(a) Catches a langosta.
(b) Tells Phillip where he is from.
(c) Tells Phillip his real age.
(d) Leans on Phillip.
3. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Timothy sure will change?
(a) The number of fish around the island.
(b) Their luck.
(c) The weather.
(d) Phillip's attitude.
4. Why doesn't Timothy want Phillip to go to the reef with him at first?
(a) He doesn't want to share the fish.
(b) He is hiding treasure.
(c) It is too dangerous.
(d) He thinks there are people there.
5. In Chapter 3, when Timothy and Phillip are on the raft, where does Timothy believe they are?
(a) Near Canada.
(b) Near the cays.
(c) Near Hawaii.
(d) Near Panama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship do Phillip and his mother board to leave the island?
2. In Chapter 3, how does Phillip react to the amount of water Timothy gives him?
3. What does Phillip hide under his makeshift bed on the couch?
4. In Chapter 10, whom does Phillip tell Timothy his mother does not like?
5. What is Phillip's father doing as Phillip and his mom leave the island?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)