|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of ship do the Chinese crewman refuse to sail on?
(a) Oil tanker.
(b) Cruise ship.
2. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy put on top of the hut?
(b) A lightning rod.
(c) A sun roof.
(d) A carving of a cat.
3. Why do ships avoid the Devil's Mouth?
(a) There are dangerous reefs there.
(b) It is enemy territory.
(c) There is nothing there to see.
(d) The waters are shark-infested.
4. According to Phillip's father, why can't the islanders fight the Germans?
(a) They are cowards.
(b) They have no submarines or aircraft weaponry.
(c) They aren't smart enough.
(d) They are on the side of the Germans.
5. In Chapter 3, what is Phillip doing when Timothy tells him he feels the same way, but there is nothing to be gained by it?
(a) Swimming away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be the main problem with Phillip traveling to the reef on his own?
2. What is Phillip's father doing as Phillip and his mom leave the island?
3. Where does Phillip tell Timothy he is from?
4. In Chapter 8, how old does Timothy admit he is?
5. In Chapter 11, what can't Phillip find on the beach?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)