|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Timothy tell Phillip that Phillip must do?
(a) Learn to fish.
(b) Catch his own langosta.
(c) Learn to build a hut.
(d) Leave the island.
2. What does Phillip hide under his makeshift bed on the couch?
(a) His report card.
(b) A gun.
(c) A hatchet.
(d) His baseball card collection.
3. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be the main problem with Phillip traveling to the reef on his own?
(a) Stepping on sea urchins.
(b) The path is steep.
(c) He may get lost.
(d) The risk of falling.
4. When does the rain begin to fall, signaling the beginning of the tempest?
(a) Around noon.
(b) At dawn.
(c) Late at night.
(d) As night falls.
5. How does Phillip know when it is late May?
(a) He does not know.
(b) There are 48 rocks lined up on the beach.
(c) There are 48 notches on the tree.
(d) There are 48 pebbles in the can.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers board the ship with Phillip and his mother to leave the island?
2. In Chapter 3, how much water does Timothy give Phillip when he first asks for it?
3. How long are Phillip and Timothy on the island before it rains for the first time?
4. What reason does Phillip give Timothy for being unable to help with the work?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy put on top of the hut?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)