|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why does Phillip vomit over the side of the raft?
(a) He is in shock.
(b) Timothy hit him in the stomach.
(c) He has the stomach flu.
(d) He has eaten a bad fish.
2. How long has Phillip's family lived on the island as the book begins?
(a) Four years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
3. Who tells Henrik the American Navy will arrive at Curacao soon?
(a) One of the Chinese crewmen.
(c) Phillip, Sr.
4. Why does Timothy think people have different colors of skin?
(a) Because of the parts of the world they live in.
(b) Because some skin colors are better than others.
(c) Because people are all different.
(d) For the same reason fish and flowers come in different colors.
5. In Chapter 8, after going to get langosta, why does Timothy groan?
(a) He didn't get any langosta.
(b) Phillip has fallen and hurt himself.
(c) He is in pain.
(d) The hut has fallen down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the lifeboat Phillip and his mother get into as it is lowered into the water?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Timothy say to Phillip to calm his fears?
3. How many feet out on the reef is the fishing hole?
4. How do Timothy and Phillip get coconuts in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Timothy say raised him?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)