|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the islanders call the Chinese crewmen when they refuse to sail?
2. How does Phillip know when it is late May?
(a) There are 48 notches on the tree.
(b) There are 48 rocks lined up on the beach.
(c) He does not know.
(d) There are 48 pebbles in the can.
3. What does Phillip learn to feel the direction of so he will know where to fish?
(a) The movement of the fish.
(b) The sun.
(c) The wind.
(d) The water.
4. How does Timothy know that a tempest is on the way?
(a) It gets very cold.
(b) The waves make a cracking noise.
(c) There are no fish in the fishing hole.
(d) The birds leave the island.
5. In Chapter 5, while Phillip and Timothy are on the raft, what does Timothy spot in the sky?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A flock of birds.
(c) A comet.
(d) Storm clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does Timothy yell at Phillip?
2. How many passengers board the ship with Phillip and his mother to leave the island?
3. What do the rains of the tempest feel like to Phillip?
4. In Chapter 10, whom does Phillip tell Timothy his mother does not like?
5. How does Timothy order Phillip to get around on the raft?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)