|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method do Timothy and Phillip use to mark time on the island?
(a) They drop pebbles in a can.
(b) They line rocks up on the beach.
(c) They do not mark time.
(d) The carve notches on a tree.
2. Off of what country's coast is the island Phillip and his parents live on at the beginning of the book?
3. What type of ship is the S.S. Empire Tern?
(a) A fishing trawler.
(b) An armed tanker.
(c) A submarine.
(d) A battleship.
4. What does Timothy make the hut out of?
(a) Wood cut from the palm trees.
(b) Wood from the raft.
(c) Dried palm fronds.
5. What do the islanders call the Chinese crewmen when they refuse to sail?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, what is the name of the town where Phillip and his family live?
2. In Chapter 5, while Phillip and Timothy are on the raft, what does Timothy spot in the sky?
3. How do Timothy and Phillip get coconuts in Chapter 13?
4. Why do ships avoid the Devil's Mouth?
5. What does Phillip cover Timothy with when he shivers due to his illness?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)