|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, what is the name of the town where Phillip and his family live?
(c) Fort Curacao.
2. What does Timothy use to make the lean-to on the raft?
(a) Seaweed and driftwood.
(b) An old sail from the ship.
(c) Some planks and their clothing.
(d) The water keg.
3. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be the main problem with Phillip traveling to the reef on his own?
(a) The path is steep.
(b) He may get lost.
(c) The risk of falling.
(d) Stepping on sea urchins.
4. What appeal does Phillip make to his mother when she says she wants to leave the island?
(a) To let him stay.
(b) To take Henrik with them.
(c) To take his father with them.
(d) To get a dog when they return.
5. How many passengers board the ship with Phillip and his mother to leave the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet out on the reef is the fishing hole?
2. How does Timothy know that a tempest is on the way?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Phillip believe has become of his mother?
4. How long are Phillip and Timothy on the island before it rains for the first time?
5. In Chapter 3, why does Phillip begin to dislike Timothy?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)