|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Tern as it sets sail?
(a) It sails safely away.
(b) It hits another ship.
(c) It sinks.
(d) It explodes.
2. What do Timothy and Phillip make to help Phillip get from the campsite to the signal fire pile?
(b) A stone path.
(c) A fence.
(d) A rope.
3. Off of what country's coast is the island Phillip and his parents live on at the beginning of the book?
4. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Timothy sure will change?
(a) The weather.
(b) The number of fish around the island.
(c) Phillip's attitude.
(d) Their luck.
5. What appeal does Phillip make to his mother when she says she wants to leave the island?
(a) To let him stay.
(b) To take Henrik with them.
(c) To get a dog when they return.
(d) To take his father with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Phillip's father, why can't the islanders fight the Germans?
2. While on the raft, how do Phillip and Timothy get fish to eat?
3. How many passengers board the ship with Phillip and his mother to leave the island?
4. In Chapter 3, why does Phillip vomit over the side of the raft?
5. At the beginning of the book, what is the name of the town where Phillip and his family live?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)