|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Timothy tell Phillip is temporary?
(a) Phillip's blindness.
(b) Timothy's fever.
(c) Their being stranded.
(d) Stew's illness.
2. What happens to the Tern as it sets sail?
(a) It sinks.
(b) It hits another ship.
(c) It sails safely away.
(d) It explodes.
3. Who tells Henrik the American Navy will arrive at Curacao soon?
(a) Phillip, Sr.
(c) One of the Chinese crewmen.
4. When the supply ships stop sailing, what are the islanders worried about running out of?
(a) Money and alcohol.
(b) Meat and grains.
(c) Fresh water and vegetables.
(d) Coffee and sugar.
5. What causes the S.S. Hato to sink?
(a) It hits another ship.
(b) The engine malfunctions.
(c) It is torpedoed.
(d) It is bombed by an aircraft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stew?
2. What is the name of the bridge that gives Phillip and Henrik a view of the harbor?
3. On what island are Phillip and his parents living when the book starts?
4. In Chapter 3, how does Phillip react to the amount of water Timothy gives him?
5. Who helps Phillip into his life jacket when their boat is sinking?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)