|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the raft, how do Phillip and Timothy get fish to eat?
(a) They use a fishing pole.
(b) They spear them.
(c) The fish jump and land on the raft.
(d) They use a net.
2. Why does the army officer tell Phillip and Henrik to leave the bridge?
(a) They are creating a nuisance.
(b) They are in torpedo range.
(c) They are vandalizing the bridge.
(d) The bridge is private property.
3. In Chapter 4, when Phillip wakes up in the dark after feeling ill, what time does Timothy tell him it is?
(b) 3 p.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
4. Who sends destroyers and cruisers to protect the supply ships when they begin to sail again?
(a) Japanese and German Navy.
(b) American Navy.
(c) German Navy.
(d) American and Dutch navies.
5. Who helps Phillip into his life jacket when their boat is sinking?
(a) The captain.
(b) A sailor.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship do Phillip and his mother board to leave the island?
2. At the beginning of the book, what is the name of the town where Phillip and his family live?
3. Who tells Henrik the American Navy will arrive at Curacao soon?
4. Who shows Phillip around the Tern?
5. On what island are Phillip and his parents living when the book starts?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)